7 - the trip | pt. 2

valentine - laufey

-

3rd person -

"Ugh...are we almost there yet?" Itadori complained to Megumi. They were around a quarter into the trip and he was already grousing. The two sat next to each other, Itadori sitting in the window seat because he wanted to look out the window. The iridescent lake they were passing by had ripples that danced to the core, reflecting the blue sky. The deep ivory mountains surrounded, overfilling with birds of all colours. 

"Be patient. We're not even halfway there yet." Megumi said. Itadori yawned and slumped against his seat- his eyelids felt heavy. Soon, he fell asleep. Megumi noticed he had stopped talking and quickly glanced at him to find him sleeping peacefully. He was relieved that Itadori had stopped complaining. Megumi caught himself staring at Itadori for way longer than what it felt like. He returned to his phone when he felt something on his shoulder. He found Itadori, resting his head on Megumi's shoulder, dead asleep. His stomach felt overpopulated with butterflies. He turned off his phone, rested his head on Itadori's head and fell asleep comfortably with him.

-

"Hello? Wake up!" A voice shouted at the two of them. Sleepily, Megumi opened his eyes to see Nobara in his face. He thought he was hallucinating, but when she pinched him he knew it was unfortunately real. Still half asleep, Megumi lifted his head from Itadori's and saw all the second years + Nobara sitting across from them.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the car right now?" Megumi said, a little embarrassed about how they would've found him and Itadori together, resting on each other's heads.

"Funny story, actually-" Panda was cut off by Maki's hand against his mouth.

"Doesn't really matter," Maki stated. They were all still staring at the two.

"..."

"Let's address the elephant in the room," Nobara announced. Megumi could feel his face burn up. At this point, Itadori had woken up, but still had his eyes shut and was sitting there motionless. Itadori was eavesdropping but was curious to hear what they had to say.

They all kept on pestering Megumi with questions - Megumi just didn't reply to any except one.

"Just answer this question, are you in love with him?"Nobara begged some response out of him.

"Of course." Megumi surprised himself when he automatically said that. Itadori smiled at his boyfriend's answer - Maki noticed

"Itadori, are you awake?" Maki asked suspiciously. All eyes and attention turned to Itadori, who was trying his best not to move. Itadori was panicking inside.

"Itadori we know your awake!" Nobara inquired, trying not to laugh.

"Was it that obvious?" Itadori opened his eyes and asked innocently. Nobara and Panda were  cackling like witches (so much so that they were asked to quiet down by another passenger) , and Maki and Inumaki let out a small chuckle. While everyone else was distracted, Itadori gave Megumi a quick peck on the cheek. Megumi was flustered by this while Itadori was also chuckling along.

All six of them arrived at the entrance of the resort at around 4 pm, the golden chandeliers and boujee atmosphere enticed them all. Everything was going well, until they realised Gojo had booked five rooms instead of six. They all stepped away from the receptionist for a moment and Megumi, knowing that Gojo can easily afford another room, called him.They all huddled around Megumi's phone which was on speaker to hear what he would say.

"Megumi, whats up?" Gojo said.

"You booked six rooms not five rooms, right?" 

"No? The resort said they only had a five rooms left and those were the rooms I got." 

"I just figured you guys would figure out a solution, so I didn't tell you." Gojo continued.

Megumi hesitated for a moment - he thought of sharing a room with Itadori.

"That's alright, bye." Megumi hanged up on him. Almost reading each others minds, Itadori and Megumi looked at each other.

"That's okay! Megumi and I will share a room!" Itadori turned to everyone and expressed. Nobara had a smirk on her face and again, moved her eyebrows up and down at Megumi. Megumi bashed her on the head in response to this.

"Shut up, brat. " Sukuna made an insufferable appearance under Itadori's eye. Megumi stepped closer to Itadori, and shut Sukuna's mouth with his thumb - this made it look like Megumi was caressing his face. 

After whacking Nobara on the head a few more times, they moved back to the one room dilemma.

"Mustard leaf salmon roe, mayo?"    =     " You do know that means theres only one bed in the room, right?" Inumaki asked.

"It'll be fine, Inumaki." Itadori reassured.

-

They all got their room keys and made it to their rooms. They found out they were all on the same floor, and agreed to meet downstairs in an hour after unpacking to take themselves on a tour around the resort.

Megumi continued to unpack his suitcase while Itadori was laying on the bed. The room had white walls, with warm lighting and a balcony with two seats, giving an incredible view of the beach.

"This bed is soooo comfortable, Gumi." Itadori wanted to try out a nickname on Megumi to see how he would react.

"Gumi?" Megumi repeated.

"Do you not like it?" 

"I just prefer hearing you say my name instead."

"Do you want me to come up with a nickname for you?" Megumi asked, he stopped putting his clothes away and looked at Itadori laying on the bed.

"No. I also think I like you saying my name." 

A silence passed by, but any silence they had wasn't awkward - it was comfortable silence.

"We should get going, they'll kill us if we're late." Itadori looked at the time on his phone.

"Alright," Megumi stood up and wished he didn't have to go to this tour - he'd rather talk and spend time with Itadori. They both walked side by side towards their bedroom door, when Megumi felt a tap on his hand. He looked down and saw Itadori's hand touching his.

"Can we...hold hands?" Itadori wasn't sure if Megumi was comfortable with holding hands yet, but to his surprise, he found themselves holding hands, interlocking fingers. Itadori was surprised how freezing Megumi's hands were - Megumi felt like he was defrosting his hands with Itadori's warm hands. Megumi had his face covered with his other hand, trying not to show the smiling Itadori how happy he was.

-

end -