8 - the trip | pt. 3

cake by the ocean - dnce

3rd person - 

"Screw them! Let's go to the beach." Panda blurted out to Nobara, Maki and Inumaki. The four had already toured themselves around the resort's grandeur and the two still weren't there. It was exactly an hour since they were all supposed to meet. They sat in four cushioned seats near the reception desk. The intensity of the AC was making them slightly shiver, even though the weather outside was boiling.

"I agree, I'm gonna freeze if we don't get out of here soon!" Nobara said, shaking lightly.

"Let's get changed in our swimmers then meet back here for the beach?" Maki offered. They all nodded in unison and went off to wait for the elevator. Maki and Panda agreed it was taking too long, so they raced up the stairs. Inumaki and Nobara waited patiently, hoping the elevator would be faster than Maki and Panda. Meanwhile, Itadori and Megumi, still holding hands, were in the elevator, heading down to meet them. The sleek elevator stopped at their level, and the door opened. Nobara had her jaw open when she saw the two (more specifically them holding hands.) They all stood wide-eyed at each other for a minute.

"Megumi we are so talking about this later." Nobara laughed, breaking the silence. She could tell Megumi was displeased with her.  Itadori squeezed his hand and held it tighter.

"Salmon cod roe?"    =    "Are you guys dating?" Inumaki asked whole-heartedly.

"Inumaki are you serious...?" Nobara looked at him.

"..."

"Anyways, we're going to the beach! You too were taking too long and it's freezing in here." She turned back to the couple. Nobara joined them in the elevator and Inumaki followed shortly. The whole time they were going up to their level, Nobara kept snickering at Megumi. 

"See you later," Nobara shouted while scurrying into her room - she sounded like she had something planned. Unfortunately, she was in the room next door to Itadori and Megumi. 

"She gives me a headache..." Megumi muttered, entering their room first. Itadori contained his chuckle as he followed him in.

-

The beach was a tranquil paradise under the clear blue sky. Soft sand stretched out in all directions, touched by the warm sun. Waves gently rolled onto the shore, leaving behind frothy patterns. Seagulls soared overhead, their calls blending with the sound of the ocean. The six of them walked on a wooden deck leading up to the beach. They made it to the sand and picked out a place to rest their towels and belongings. Nobara decided she wanted to 'tan', but everyone else wanted to go swimming in the deep blue ocean. 

Running into the sea except for Megumi,  the temperature cooled them all down immediately. Megumi had his ankles in the water, but that was it.

"Megumi come in! Don't be a wimp." Itadori teased.

"It's cold." He replied. Itadori approached him. 

"It's okay, take my hand" He offered his hand out to Megumi innocently. He took his hand until... Itadori splashed him with the water. Itadori ran back into the water as fast as he could, exploding with laughter while Megumi was swimming towards him. 

After a while, Nobara joined them in the water because Panda wanted to do a challenge he saw on his phone.

"Okay, so how it works is that one person will sit on the other persons shoulders, and then the other team, who does the same thing. The person sitting on whoever's shoulders will try to knock other teams down!" Panda enthusiastically explained.

"I'm guessing we're doing it with three teams considering there's six of us?" Maki questioned.

"Yep! The last pair standing wins!" 

Nobara sat on Panda's shoulders, Inumaki hopped on Maki's and Itadori sat on Megumi's shoulders. 

"Are you sure you're okay with me on your shoulders?" Itadori asked caringly. Nobara was still preparing because she fell off into the water when she hopped on Panda's shoulders.

"Of course Yuji."He responded in a softer manner. Megumi held his legs tightly - Itadori knew he wouldn't get knocked off with him holding so tightly.

"Okay. If you want to switch let me know."

"Are you guys ready?" Panda shouted.

"3"

"2"

"1! Go!" 

Nobara shouted for Panda to charge at Itadori, but Panda just swerved and went to Inumaki and Maki first. Not even 10 seconds later, Maki used her leg to trip Panda over. Nobara and Panda went flying backwards, yelling profanities at Maki. Megumi also charged at them - he was lasting for way longer than Panda. Itadori managed to push Inumaki off, leaving Maki standing there. Maki just pushed them both over.

Itadori found himself on the wet sand, sitting up with Megumi lying on his chest in between his legs. They both blushed while Megumi was quick to get up and sit next to him. 

"I'm sorry," Megumi said under his breath to Itadori.

"We're dating, remember? You don't have to apologise." Itadori turned to face him. They looked at each other - Megumi put his hand on Itadori's cheek and both leaned in for a kiss before being interrupted by Panda shouting at Maki for tripping him over.

"Cheater!" Nobara cried out, still sitting down in the water along with Panda. 

"You're mad we won!" Maki clapped back grinning, helping Inumaki up.

"I'm pretty sure we won," Itadori mumbled to himself. Megumi turned Itadori's head towards him and brought him closer with the hand he had on his cheek. They both shared a kiss.

- end