12 - what?

-

3rd person -

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Itadori asked Nobara who was staring wide-eyed, disturbed. The second years left Nobara's room earlier in the morning while the first years were still fast asleep. She had slept on her bed while everyone else used mattresses on the floor, with Itadori and Megumi sharing one. Sitting on the floor, Itadori noticed Megumi being flustered. He turned to him in confusion.

"What? What did I do?" Itadori looked at them both waiting for an answer.

"You didn't do anything. But your boyfriend did." Nobara remarked, staring at the noticeable mark on Itadori's neck. She pointed at the spot and Itadori realised that it was the same spot where Megumi was kissing him last night after winning the Pocky game's last match. Itadori stood up without a word and looked at the mirror on Nobara's dresser. He jumped back, mouth wide open - he had a hickey.

"I told you to do it gently," Itadori complained quietly - just enough for Megumi to hear but Nobara to not hear. Itadori turned his head to see the mark from different angles while whining. Megumi sat against the wall staring at the ground from embarrassment.

"I can help you cover it up," Nobara sighed. Itadori accepted eagerly. She removed a pink makeup bag from her dresser and gestured for Itadori to sit on her bed. He sat on the edge of the bed with Megumi watching him. Nobara grabbed his face harshly and turned it to the side so she could see the mark clearer.

Megumi wished it was him grabbing Itadori's face.

"I've never done this before, so I'm gonna try something I saw online." She said, getting out concealer. She dabbed it on the mark and then blended it out. It was a bit lighter compared to the rest of his skin tone, but she seemed to think it didn't matter. Itadori now stood in front of the mirror again, inspecting the mark that had mostly disappeared.
"Thanks, Nobara,"
"Just don't make this an often thing, I don't want my concealer running out!" She smirked. Megumi death glared at her from the floor while Itadori was blushing and stuttering over his comeback.

-

"Yuji, Gojo wants to talk to you," Megumi said while pointing to Gojo standing at the top of the stairs on the outside field. The six of them were back to normal training and were doing 2v2s - the afternoon's cool breeze refreshing them and giving them the energy to fight. Itadori and Maki were paired and had just gone against Panda and Nobara. They all sat on the stairs regaining their breaths.

Panting lightly, Itadori looked up at Megumi and gave him a thumbs-up with his cheesy grin. He stood up and walked up the stairs finding Gojo chatting with Inumaki.  He was surprised to see Gojo back and was curious about where he had gone. Gojo and Inumaki saw him approaching and Inumaki decided it was best to leave them alone. He gave Gojo a nod and headed back to the rest of the group.

"Itadori. I have some important news to share with you." Gojo said in a more serious tone. It freaked Itadori out whenever he was serious because that meant it was something really bad.

"You know how after you eat the 20 fingers you'll be executed right?" 

Itadori nodded his head in response. He didn't want to even think about how badly he would miss everyone - especially Megumi.

"Well, after you guys left me at the train station, I ran into Yoshinobu." 

"...Who's that?" Itadori felt bad for asking because that sounded like an important person.

"The principal of our sister school. The guy with the weird, freakishly long beard?" Gojo's tone changed into a light-hearted one. Itadori gave an "Ohhhhh" and Gojo continued.

"I had a very long chat with him about your execution, and after a while, he came up with this resolution. If you do not wish to be executed, you have to attend Kyoto Jujutsu High School and deem yourself worthy enough to not be killed." Gojo looked proud of himself.

Hope is everything. If you have hope, you can persevere through any challenge thrown at you. Just then, Itadori realised he had a shot of making it out alive. With Megumi. His mouth opened in disbelief. He had hope.

"What? Seriously?" Itadori asked. 

"Yup!"

Itadori ran up to Gojo to hug him, emotions inside him swirling like a rapid storm. He noticed for a split second that he turned off his Infinity for him. Itadori squeezed him tightly for a moment then let go.

"Thank you." Itadori looked more sincere than ever. 

"Try not to screw this up. This is your only chance." Gojo reminded - even though he knew he would do perfectly fine.

"When do I go there? How long will I be staying there for?" Itadori bombarded him.

"Well...you're supposed to leave in an hour. And it's Yoshinobu's decision on how long you stay there for." Gojo revealed, making eye contact through his black circular lenses. Megumi who was sitting on the stairs watching Maki, Inumaki, Panda and Nobara fight overheard this and looked over at the two. He was wondering what they were talking about.

"HUH?!" Itadori exclaimed. This caused Panda to turn around to find the source of the sound, only to be hit in the stomach by one of Maki's weapons. Megumi was really curious now.

"I was supposed to tell you earlier but I just forgot." Gojo shrugged, putting a hand on the back of his head. Gojo then suggested that he should go pack his bags. Itadori asked about whether or not he could say goodbye to everyone and he said that he'll see them before he leaves. Megumi watched Itadori sprint off in the distance to his room. Gojo had noticed him staring at the two talking.

"Go with him!" Gojo shouted out to Megumi who was obviously staring at Itadori. Gojo smiled at Megumi and gestured for him to follow Itadori - he got up instantly without a word and chased after Itadori.

"Where did they go?" Nobara pointed out to the second years. They were all on the stairs drinking their water bottles, training had just about finished.

"Who knows, honestly." Maki sighed.

end -