2.20

tw: violence

Liville took a seat in the front row, as close to Coriolanus's computer desk as she could. He'd glance at her every few minutes. It felt like the only thing giving her strength anymore.

Lucy Gray remained safe in the vent she hid in. The main pack of tributes led by Festus's girl, Coral, weren't looking for her at the moment. No, they spent their time searching for Reaper, while they still had the manpower to do so.

Festus was getting frustrated, she could see him arguing with Clemensia over something. Half hour into the filming, Festus got up, and headed right for Liville. She was startled when he came up to her.

He whistled to force her attention on him. "Hey, how's Lucy Gray know where all these secret spots are?"

Liville frowned, "What-?"

"She have some map or something?" Festus snapped. "They couldn't be sent in with maps, that's cheating."

"She doesn't have a map-"

"How the hell does she know where to go?"

Liville didn't understand his anger at her. "Lucy Gray isn't even my tribute, why are you accusing me of cheating for her?"

He scoffed, "Not your tribute. Sure. We all saw you take out the other guy for her."

Liville paled. "Leave me alone, Festus, I'm not even in this competition anymore."

"There's no way she found all these spots by herself," he said. "We hardly saw them."

"Leave me alone-"

"If you tell me where the map is, and let my tribute use it, I'll tell her to back off Lucy Gray until the end."

Liville had enough of this. "Coryo!" she hollered.

Festus scoffed again. Coriolanus's head whipped around. And when he saw Festus speaking to her, he was on his feet in an instant.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Coriolanus demanded.

Festsus sent him a sharp look. "Having a conversation that doesn't involve you-"

"He's pestering me about a map," Liville said. "Trying to say Lucy Gray has one."

Coriolanus hesitated a moment, before snapping, "There's no map, Festus. Go back to your corner and stop bothering the audience."

"Audience," Festsus threw out with a laugh. "Alright. Hey, how much did you offer to pay her if she killed her own tribute?"

Liville flinched.

Coriolanus reached forward and physically shoved Festsus away from where Liville sat. "Worry about your own tribute. Reaper's gonna tear her head off soon."

Festsus sent one more harsh look in Coriolanus's direction before leaving.

"You alright?" Coriolanus asked her.

She glanced around, and saw no one paying attention to the small dispute. She relaxed. Being snapped at didn't seem as embarrassing when no one was watching.

"Yes, thank you, Coriolanus."

He fixed things for her. Like she knew he would.

Coriolanus took his seat again, and Liville remained in the audience behind him.

A few hours passed. Lucy Gray was still safe. She was re-braiding her hair over and over to keep busy, as well as rechecking the screws on the vent to make sure no one could push their way in. There was a dripping stream of water in the vent, one Lucy Gray could drink from. She had been for a few hours already. Liville was relieved, because water meant that Lucy Gray could survive in that spot a long time if she had to.