30

•Soo Yun•

Today is May 25th 1939.
The last time I saw Namjoon was almost two years ago.
I got into a fight with Hwa Young after she hurt me. I pushed her hard and she tumbled back. She hit her head on the edge of the metal bed and started bleeding.

Unfortunately, she didn't die. Even though I wished she died, I don't want her to because I might not be able to see Namjoon soon. I might be sentenced to prison for a few more years so I'm glad she didn't die.
That happened a week after what she did to me. I was sent to a single cell to stay by myself. I kept hoping that I'll see you but I didn't.
I've been here alone for more than a year but for me it's better.

Once I was taken outside of my cell to the hallways to mop the floors. I think it was like 10 days after what happened. I overheard two prisoners mentioning your name.
My back was facing them. I started to mop the floors slower so I would hear them better.
'Yeah, this morning. He's the one who kept punching Jinyoung. Didn't you see him? His face is fucked up. I think Namjoon broke his nose.' One of them told the other. 'Why would he do that?'
I turned around a little bit and saw them with the corner of my eye. The taller man was the one telling the other man about what happened.
'Don't you know? There's a female prisoner who always gets punished so they keep bringing here to this building maybe for her to be uncomfortable in the men's prison. Her name is Soo Yun. She and Namjoon were lovers. Jinyoung beat her badly and Namjoon found out.' I didn't think twice and turned around.

'What are you talking about? What happened?!' I asked as I raised my voice without realizing.
Once those words came out of my mouth their heads snapped towards my direction. They realized that it was me and they smirked.
'Oh well well well what do we have here? Isn't it pretty girl?' The taller man asked.
'Cut the bullshit and tell me what happened.' I said in annoyance.

'Well this morning your boyfriend beat Jinyoung up. Oh and he was mad. Like for a minute I thought he was crazy. He yelled asking who is Jinyoung and bam! He jumped on him. I've never seen someone beat the crap out of someone else like that. He punched him like 40 punches per minute. That's what I call entertaining.'

I turned around and continued moping the floor. I was mad. Not at you but at me because I'm the one who put you in that situation. If that never happened you would've never done that.
I'm sorry Namjoon. I really miss you. I love you to death.