Part 14 "Poem of heart"

--Eri, don't worry so much. You'll find a new job very soon, you'll see. Don't be so sad. And my scholarship money is on its way too.(Daisy)

Wiping her tears on the other side of the video call, Erica said,

--I didn't want to tell you all this, sis. But I can't stay without sharing my thoughts with you! (Erica)

--You did the right thing! If you don't tell me, who will you tell? I'm always here for you, understand? Listen, don't worry too much, I'm telling you. You'll get a new job soon. With your qualifications, you will definitely get a better job.(Daisy)

--Qualifications don't matter anymore! (Erica)

--Don't keep negative thoughts, Eri. Everything will be fine. It has to be fine, and I know you can do it. (Daisy)

--I didn't realize I would lose my job like this. I'm trying to look for new opportunities in many places. You focus on your studies and eat properly. I'm hanging up now. (Erica)

Saying this, Erica hung up the phone.

As soon as she hung up, Erica sat down with some files.

Suddenly, she heard the doorbell ring.

Opening the door, Erica's expression changed immediately upon seeing who it was.

"You!" (Erica)

"How are you, my girl?"

Seeing her mother, Lucy standing in front of her, Erica said in a stern voice,

--Why are you here? (Erica)

--How are you, my child? It's been so long since I've seen you! It took me so much effort to find your address. (Lucy)

--I don't want to talk to you at all. Please leave. (Erica)

As Erica tried to close the door, Lucy pushed it open and entered.

-- What are you doing? Why are you being so rude? I already said I don't want to talk to you! (Erica)

--But you have to hear the reason why I came all this way. (Lucy)

-- Say it quickly and get out. I can't tolerate you anymore. (Erica)

-- Look, Erica, I know we did wrong, and I apologize for it. Your father also wants to apologize, but he's unwell. Please, you both come back. Please! Come back with Daisy. (Lucy)

-- So easy, isn't it? You can forget everything, but I haven't been able to forget, nor has Daisy. Didn't these thoughts cross your mind a few years ago? Didn't you think of this even once back then? Get out of here. Get out. May no one ever have parents like you! Get out. (Erica shouted)

With a startled look, Lucy said,

-- Erica, think it over. Everyone makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean... (Lucy)

-- Mistake? What you did were all injustices, even worse! Aren't you ashamed to speak with such authority? (Erica)

-- I’m leaving now, but I will come back. (Lucy)

Saying this, she left.

Erica sat down on the bed.

She held her head in her hands.

"Thank God Daisy isn't here! Thank God!" (Erica)

Meanwhile, Zayn was staring at a picture of Jennie on his phone. If their relationship were still alive, today would have been another year together.

In the picture, Jennie was holding his hand and they were looking at each other.

Suddenly, Zayn received a notification on his phone. The anonymous profile had shared something. It was a picture of a mapple tree. The clouds in the sky and the tree were accompanied by a fitting caption.

It read:

"At the end of the day, I kept count.
The count is with myself.
Very intimate, very close,
With much brazenness
A stubborn, single-minded wait for one.
The compromise is just a new page of a book.
The pull of which has long faded away.
Now the allure doesn’t call me back,
Now I don’t wish to touch those sky-flowers.
Though the one who is not mine
Resides in my heart.
But that brazenness...
That brazenness still drives me
To that book
Where lies the coffin of my past.
Each nail of that coffin
Is a grave for my love.
They are in good spirits.
They sing songs,
Named after the first rain and the first dew.
They saw the beginning of the story...
Perhaps even the end.
When I last turned the page,
I don’t remember,
Only if in whim it crosses my mind,
I go back to that book.
In it, I still see the rose of my waiting,
The sunflower of my love,
And sometimes the marigold of my tears.
I see that heart,
For whom I remain an absent-minded,
unskilled artist,
For whom two, three stars still fall into that grave.
Because the one who isn’t mine, remains in my heart until death..."

Quite a bit of truth, perhaps. No matter how much we fight throughout the day, at the end of the day, the understanding is with oneself. In this understanding, we often don’t realize when our past becomes a part of an old book! Like there is no longer an attraction for an old familiar book. But still, we can’t throw away that old book. Maybe due to some old unsaid relationship. We can’t let them go. That book remains in a corner of our heart’s chest for life. Our childish love or first love lives on in its yellowed pages. The person who may not be ours but stays in our heart.

The author of the piece is listed as "Self Unsophisticated".

He was somewhat amazed that someone could motivate so well and write so beautifully at the same time.

"Truly! As time passes, my desire to meet this person face-to-face increases even more. Someone with such a wealth of talents must be quite amazing!" (Zayn thought to himself)

To be continued...

Written by- Porna