34

no song today, i love Kevin.

there will be a time skip next chapter so keep up

"All inmates going to court stand on the wall so we can get ready to leave" Some random co yelled out "make sure you have your papers, once you get counted out you can not come back in!" she was loud as hell and i was just ready to get this shit o...

"All inmates going to court stand on the wall so we can get ready to leave" Some random co yelled out "make sure you have your papers, once you get counted out you can not come back in!" she was loud as hell and i was just ready to get this shit over with.

it was tuesday and i'd officially been in here for 5 almost 6 months. This wasn't my first court date, this one the one determining if i'd be going home and staying here for the rest of my sentence. I had a few people pull some ropes so not only were the people representing the state under me, the judge was too. There was no way i'd be leaving and going back to jail.

I waited with everyone else who had court and stood so i could get counted out. Once she made it to me, i showed her everything she asked for and she pointed me to the next person who would escort me to the bus that we rode in to and from the courthouse

(i have no idea how this process works, does it sound believable??)

I say comfortable watching people get escorted out and to the bus just like i just did. After around ten minutes everything thing was done and we started the short drive to the courthouse.

I was siting pretty close to the front so I was one of the first people to get out. I was led inside, researched and was told where to sit.

Before court actually started, you were able to talk with your lawyer so i was sitting in an empty room waiting on him to walk in.

A few minutes went but before the door opened and he walked in "wassup dude?" he sat down across from me and fixed his tie before opening his briefcase and pulling out some papers.

"Ian have to do too much seeing that you cool with everybody that's gone be in there today. but i do have a plan to fall back on just in case." he pushed the paper toward me and it was just the explanation he came up with of why i was in the trap and what exactly was going on. "you ain gone have to do no talking really, jus piggyback off what i say when u feel the need to" he said and i nodded taking in everything he was saying

"before tho, there is somebody that wanted to see you" he stood up walking towards the door and he opening it.

I smiled a little seeing my mama walk in. "Now i oughta beat yo ass" she couldn't resist smiling back at me and i stood up pulling her into a hug

"i missed you" i said sitting back down.

"no you didn't" she rolled her eyes "i don't want to see u in this position no more, for real Demari" her eyes watered up and i started to feel bad

she did go through a lot when we were younger to keep us from being in this position; being a black man in court on drug and gun charges.

I could see how it would feel like a spit in the face that i ended exactly where she didn't want me to be.