Chapter 141-150

Chapter 141: Definitely regretful

  Yu Mianmian had no objection and nodded: "Yeah."

  However, thinking that he was injured, she wanted to go by herself, but he didn't let her.

  He said that the wound on his arm had mostly healed and it was no big deal now. It was just a matter of bringing in some mugwort leaves for fumigation, which was not a big deal at all.

  Shen Yi came back in less than two minutes after he went out.

  He had a large handful of mugwort in his hand, and after lighting it, he put it in an earthenware pot to burn. After

  the mugwort was fumigated, there was a strong smell in the room.

  However, Yu Mianmian liked this smell very much because it was the smell of plants.

  After the mugwort was fumigated, many mosquitoes in the room were driven away.

  Yu Mianmian went to close the window.

  If the window was not closed, it would not be long before mosquitoes would come in again.

  Although the room might become a little stuffy with the window closed, in order to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes, this was the only way.

  After closing the window, the two lay on the kang, and Yu Mianmian was no longer sleepy because of the mosquitoes.

  But in order not to disturb Shen Yi's sleep, she could only close her eyes and pretend to sleep.

  Shen Yi couldn't sleep at this moment.

  But seeing his wife was quiet, he didn't say anything.

  The two of them lay on the kang in silence for perhaps half an hour before Yu Mianmian slowly fell asleep.

  At about seven o'clock, when Yu Mianmian was sleeping soundly, she suddenly heard the sound of the door opening.

  She opened her eyes and saw that it was Shen Yi coming in from outside.

  She didn't know when Shen Yi opened the door and went out .

  Shen Yi came in with a bunch of pyrethrum. Seeing her looking at him with her eyes open, he curled the corners of his lips and said softly, "I have asked Xiao Zheng to pick a lot of pyrethrum. With these pyrethrum, you can sleep peacefully."

  After a pause, he continued, "It's only seven twenty now. I'll wake you up for breakfast at eight o'clock."

  Yu Mianmian was really sleepy at this moment. She could

  n't fall asleep in the middle of the night, but now she was so sleepy.

  She blinked, and there were tears in her eyes because of sleepiness.

  She responded sullenly: "Well, then call me at eight o'clock."

  Shen Yi replied "Okay," and then went forward to cover her with a thin blanket.

  The mornings in my hometown are very cool, even with the windows closed, it is still very cool.

  Yu Mianmian closed her eyes and yawned, she turned over and continued to sleep.

  At ten past eight, Yu Mianmian woke up by herself.

  In fact, she didn't wake up by herself, but was awakened by the noise outside.

  Only to hear Xiangbei's angry voice from outside.

  Xiangbei yelled: "Get out, get out quickly! I don't allow you to enter my house, I don't allow you to come in!"

  Shen Wanwan, the child from the third room, also said: "I hate you too, and I don't allow you to come in. You are a bad person, bad person, go away... go away quickly!"

  "You two kids, I am your aunt, why do you treat your aunt like this? Look, your aunt brought you eggs, there are six, you can have one each then."   

  This was Shen Qingxin's voice.

  Upon hearing Shen Qingxin's voice, Yu Mianmian sat up suddenly from the kang.

  She glanced at the window, her eyes flashing darkly.

  She moved off the kang, tidied her clothes, and walked into the yard.

  At the gate of the yard, Shen Qingxin was carrying a bamboo basket. The basket was covered with a rag, making it impossible to see what was in the basket.

  But Shen Qingxin just said that she brought eggs, so... there must be eggs in it.

  Oh, the sun is rising from the west. Shen Qingxin, actually brought eggs.

  And Shen Yi came out of the kitchen with a bowl of steamed eggs in his hand. Seeing Yu Mianmian standing in the yard, his eyes moved, and he hurriedly said: "Are you awake? Have you slept enough? Breakfast is ready, eat breakfast first." Yu

  Mianmian turned her head to look at Shen Yi, and she quickly stepped forward and took the steamed egg from Shen Yi.

  The steamed egg was sprinkled with chopped green onions and soy sauce, and it smelled delicious.

  She asked Shen Yi, "Have you eaten?"

  Shen Yi nodded, "My brother, sister-in-law and I have all eaten, and the children have also eaten. Now you are the only one who hasn't eaten yet. Eat quickly, eat while it's hot."

  Yu Mianmian was indeed hungry at this moment, so she said "hmm", picked up the spoon in the bowl and started eating.

  At the gate of the courtyard, Shen Qingxin saw Shen Yi and Yu Mianmian coming out.

  She frowned slightly and said to Shen Yi, "Ayi, you should take care of these children. They don't even let me in. Why are these children like this?" Yu

  Mianmian couldn't help laughing when she heard this.

  Shen Qingxin is really ignorant of herself. Doesn't she know why the children are like that?
  Tsk, she is still asking hypocritically, isn't her face a little too thick?
  Shen Yi frowned slightly.

  He turned his head and glanced at Shen Qingxin coldly, and asked in a deep voice, "Who are you? What are you doing in my house?!"

  Shen Qingxin: "..." She was a little confused by this question. What

  's wrong with Ayi? Why is he asking her like this? Did he lose his memory?

  Xiangbei and Xiangdong smiled when they heard this.

  Fortunately, Fourth Uncle stood on their side. If Fourth Uncle let this eldest aunt in, they would not know what to do.

  "Ayi, I am your eldest sister, I am your eldest sister Shen Qingxin! How... why do you look like you don't know me?" Shen Qingxin looked very sad, as if she was hurt by Shen Yi's words.

  Shen Yi said coldly: "I'm sorry, I don't have an eldest sister! My mother broke off relations with my eldest sister yesterday. It was made clear yesterday that from now on, Comrade Shen Qingxin has nothing to do with my Shen family!"

  Shen Qingxin: "!!!!!!" She was choked up by these words, and her brows were furrowed.

  She pursed her lips and said, "Mother said those words in anger. How can you take them seriously? I know mother is angry, but no matter how angry she is, I am still her biological daughter. As the saying goes, mother and daughter never hold grudges overnight. I think mother must have regretted what she said yesterday. Ayi, please ask Xiangdong and the others to get out of the way. It's hard for me to get in if they block me like this."

  Yu Mianmian: "..."

  She really admired Shen Qingxin for her thick skin! How did she get her skin so thick? This thickness... might be thicker than the city wall.

  Zhao Meihua in the room suddenly rushed out with an angry look on her face.

  She rushed to the gate of the courtyard and yelled at Shen Qingxin: "I have never seen such a shameless person as you. You said that there is no overnight hatred between mother and daughter, and that mother must regret it! Haha, mother must regret it, she must regret giving birth to a daughter like you! Don't you think about what "good things" you have done? You almost spent all the money mother saved, and you also caused dad to go to the hospital! Mother must regret it now, and must regret not strangling you to death!"

  Zhao Meihua spoke without any scruples, she said whatever she thought.

  But she felt that what she said was very right. For a daughter like Shen Qingxin, it would be better to strangle her to death. It wouldn't be as annoying as it is now!