Chapter 161-170

Chapter 161 Punishment
  Yu Mianmian was a little puzzled: "What good news is this?"

  Cai Meizhen said: "Mianmian, the person who stole your millet has been caught! Now the whole army knows who stole your millet."

  Yu Mianmian was surprised. She turned to look at Shen Yi and asked with her eyes: Is it true?

  Shen Yi nodded to her: "Yes, Mrs. Cai is right. The people who stole our millet were indeed caught."

  "I really didn't expect that those two people like to gossip on weekdays, but I didn't expect that they also like to steal things! Mianmian, it was Weng Xiaoju and Fang Cuihua who stole your millet. When they stole the millet, they thought no one saw them, but they didn't know that they were seen by two female soldiers from the art troupe. The two female soldiers originally went to the rice field to pick wild flowers, because there were more wild flowers growing in the rice field. Unexpectedly, when they got there, they saw Weng Xiaoju and Fang Cuihua cutting your millet. They didn't want to meddle in other people's business and wanted to pretend that they didn't see it. But..."

  Cai Meizhen paused here, and a smile appeared on her face: "But who told them to say all kinds of bad things about Dr. Fu after taking the medicine prescribed by Dr. Fu. The two female soldiers happened to be friends with Dr. Fu, so after hearing that Weng Xiaoju and others said bad things about Dr. Fu, I just reported it to the leader."

  Qiu Shuxin laughed and said, "Speaking of which, Weng Xiaoju and the others are really unlucky. They may not have thought until now... that they were actually seen by female soldiers when they were stealing millet. And the two female soldiers wanted to pretend that they didn't see it, but who told them to have diarrhea? Who told them to take the medicine prescribed by Doctor Fu after having diarrhea? And who happened to say bad things about Doctor Fu? And the two female soldiers happened to be friends with Doctor Fu. So... Weng Xiaoju and the others are destined to be exposed. The fact that they are thieves is destined to be known to everyone."

  Yu Mianmian smacked her lips. She didn't expect that this would be the case. Just like what Sister Qiu said, Weng Xiaoju and the others were indeed unlucky.

  But who told them to have bad intentions and steal things?

  So the two of them don't deserve sympathy at all.

  "The army has punished them. The millet stolen from our family will be returned double in time. And they will apologize to us in public."

  Shen Yi looked at Yu Mianmian and said in a gentle voice.

  Yu Mianmian was quite satisfied with the result. At least the millet was returned. After all, it was the millet that she and Ayi had worked so hard to grow. Even if it was only a few knives, she didn't want to give it away for nothing.

  Cai Meizhen and Qiu Shuxin sat here for an hour or so, and then went back to cook.

  After dinner in the evening, Weng Xiaoju and Fang Cuihua came to the yard of Yu Mianmian's house with their husbands.

  They were still holding millet in their hands, and they were going to compensate Shen Yi and Yu Mianmian.

  Yu Mianmian and Shen Yi came to the yard together. Yu Mianmian glanced at Weng Xiaoju and Fang Cuihua. Their faces had returned to color, and they were probably no longer suffering from diarrhea.

  But at this moment, both of them looked unhappy. After all, the theft was known to others, and now they had to carry the things to apologize in public. It was easy to imagine that they felt uncomfortable.

  Shen Yi asked Yu Mianmian to stand in the yard, and then he walked to the gate of the yard to deal with Weng Xiaoju and the others.

  Yu Mianmian was standing in the open space in the yard, her eyes swept outside the gate.

  At this time, many family members gathered on the road outside the gate to watch the show.

  And she found Fan Yingchu among those family members!
  Yu Mianmian: "..."

  She frowned, staring at Fan Yingchu deeply.

  Although Fan Yingchu has a cousin who lives in the family compound, isn't it too often that Fan Yingchu comes to the family compound? She felt like Fan Yingchu lived in the family compound.

  After taking a look at Fan Yingchu, she retracted her gaze and looked at Weng Xiaoju and the others indifferently.

  Weng Xiaoju and Fang Cuihua looked at Shen Yi coming out, they pursed their lips, and hurriedly apologized to Shen Yi.

  Shen Yi stood there indifferently, his expression calm.

  The apology was over in less than ten minutes.