Chapter 111-120

Chapter 111 Shen Yi was injured?
  Half a month passed in the blink of an eye.

  During this half month, Yu Mianmian had nightmares for several nights, but every time she woke up from a nightmare, she could not remember what the dream was like.

  However, there has been no news from the army, no news... that means Shen Yi is fine.

  After breakfast this morning, Yu Mianmian was about to go to Cai Meizhen's house to sit down, and at this time Xiao Zheng came running.

  Xiao Zheng had gone with them to the earthquake relief work, and Yu Mianmian hadn't seen him for a long time.

  Suddenly seeing Xiao Zheng, Yu Mianmian felt like seeing a relative.

  And Xiao Zheng is back, which means Shen Yi should be back too.

  But now I only see Xiao Zheng and not Shen Yi, so Shen Yi...

  "Xiao Zheng, are you back? Where is our Ayi? Why didn't our Ayi come back with you?" Qian Cuifang was worried about her son, so when she saw Xiao Zheng, she asked hurriedly.

  Xiao Zheng hurriedly said, "Aunt, our Captain Shen is injured, but the injury is not particularly serious. He is now in the military hospital in the city and will have to stay in the hospital for a while. He was afraid that you would worry, so he asked me to come back to tell you."

  "Injured?" Qian Cuifang's breathing tightened, her face full of worry: "Where is he injured?"

  Xiao Zheng said, "The arm was injured. The arm was pressed by a heavy object. But he has been resting for a few days and is much better now. Captain Shen wanted to come back, but the doctor who treated him would not let him. The doctor said... he had to stay in the hospital for ten days before he could be discharged."

  Although Qian Cuifang felt very distressed when she heard that her son was injured, it was fine as long as her son was still alive. And Xiao Zheng also said that the injury was not particularly serious and he had already recovered a lot. With

  a slight smile on her face, Qian Cuifang asked Xiao Zheng to come in and planned to entertain Xiao Zheng well. But Xiao Zheng was in a hurry to return to the army to report, so he saluted and left.

  Yu Mianmian frowned, she glanced at Xiao Zheng's back, turned around and said to Qian Cuifang: "Mom, I want to go to the hospital to see Ayi, and make some food for him."

  "Okay, that's what mom meant. We still have fish at home, why don't we make some fish soup for him?" Fortunately, the rice fish bought from the brigade before have not been eaten up, and there are still three in the big bucket, otherwise now... I don't know what to give to my son.

  Yu Mianmian wanted to make chicken soup for Shen Yi, but there were no chickens at home, so she had to give up making chicken soup.

  She wanted to catch a pheasant in the mountains, but she didn't think her mother-in-law would agree.

  Nodding, Yu Mianmian said: "Okay, then make fish soup for him, I'll do it."

  "Yeah, okay, okay." Qian Cuifang wanted to make it herself, but she thought that her daughter-in-law's cooking skills were better, and the fish soup made by her daughter-in-law tasted much better than hers. For the sake of her son's appetite, she decided to let her daughter-in-law do it.

  It happened that it was not too hot today, so if the daughter-in-law did it, she would not get too hot.

  The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law did it right away.

  Qian Cuifang went to kill the fish, while Yu Mianmian went to prepare the ingredients.

  She took out three eggs and prepared to fry three eggs to boil in the fish soup, and then went to the small courtyard to pick some green onions.

  She planted

  these green onions later, and although she only planted a little, it was enough to eat. After cutting the green onions and frying the eggs, Qian Cuifang just came in with the killed fish.

  Yu Mianmian asked Qian Cuifang to help light the fire, and then she stood in front of the stove and started frying the fish.

  After frying the fish until both sides were browned, she took the fish out, took out a pair of chopsticks from the chopstick basket and started to pick out the fish bones.

  Qian Cuifang looked up and saw her picking out the fish bones, and couldn't help but say in surprise: "Mianmian, why are you picking out the fish bones? Ayi is not a child, he won't get stuck by the fish bones when eating fish."

  But the daughter-in-law's behavior touched her as a mother. The daughter-in-law is so considerate and treats her son so well, which shows that the couple's relationship is really good, and that her son... is really happy.

  "I didn't ask him whether it was his right arm or his left arm that was injured. If it was his right arm, it would be inconvenient for him to hold chopsticks. Mom, it's not difficult to pick out the fish bones, I can pick them out quickly." Yu Mianmian said, picking out the fish bones more attentively.

  Qian Cuifang: "..." She looked at her daughter-in-law, and couldn't help showing a gentle smile on her face.

  This daughter-in-law's mind is more delicate than hers. Their Ayi is really blessed. Not only does the daughter-in-law he married bring blessings, but she also treats him so well. As a mother-in-law, she is always satisfied with her daughter-in-law.

  After picking out all the fish bones, Yu Mianmian poured all the fish meat into the pot, then poured in boiling water and started to boil the soup. After the fish soup boiled, put in the eggs and boiled them together.

  In addition to the fish soup, Yu Mianmian also cooked some porridge and some side dishes.

  The side dishes are stir-fried cowpeas and stir-fried cucumbers. I wanted to make stir-fried cucumber with meat, but there was no meat at home.

  After preparing all the food, Yu Mianmian and Qian Cuifang tried to find a way to go to the city.

  There were no buses from the city to the army. If you wanted to go to the city, you could either take the army's procurement vehicle, walk, or... rent an ox cart from a nearby brigade.

  The army's procurement vehicle had left early in the morning, so it was impossible to take the procurement vehicle at this time. Walking was not very practical, so the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law could only rent an ox cart from a nearby brigade.

  It would take 20 to 30 minutes to get to the nearby brigade if you walked slowly, and if you walked quickly... it would only take about ten minutes.

  Yu Mianmian wanted to rent an ox cart to go to the city as soon as possible, so she walked very quickly.

  Seeing her walking so fast, Qian Cuifang looked at her worriedly and said, "Mianmian, don't walk so fast. Walk slower. You are still pregnant."