Chapter 71-80

Chapter 71 He actually told her to get lost
  . In the blink of an eye, it was time to plant rice.

  During this period, Yu Mianmian made several sets of clothes, some for her old father in Kyoto, some for her eldest brother in the northwest, and some for her parents-in-law. She sent all the clothes she made to them.

  She also made oil chicken fir and mushroom chicken sauce and sent them to her old father and eldest brother in Kyoto. In

  the rice planting season, Yu Mianmian didn't have to plant rice.

  But...

  it happened that the army had opened up some new fields this year, and most of the fields were planted by the army. The army thought of the family members who followed the army, so they allocated some fields to the family members.

  The army wanted the family members to be self-sufficient, which would reduce the burden on the family members and the army. After all, the army has to pay the family members who followed the army a subsidy every month. If the

  family members planted crops, then the subsidy would not need to be paid, or it would not need to be paid so much.

  The army has already distributed the rice seedlings, and each family member has the same amount. The soldiers of the army picked them up in the yard of the family members early in the morning.

  When Yu Mianmian saw the rice seedlings in the yard, she was dumbfounded.

  To be honest, she never thought she would have to farm!
  After she came here, she ate, slept, made clothes, and did some housework every day.

  Her life was quite leisurely and happy after coming here. But now...

  looking at these rice seedlings, she was not happy at all!
  Although she was old, she had never done farm work!

  And she didn't like to do it. If she liked to do it, she would have worked with her parents-in-law when she was in her hometown in the countryside, and she wouldn't have been working in the fields all day long.

  "Mianmian, let's go and plant rice seedlings together."

  Cai Meizhen came over and called Yu Mianmian, wanting Yu Mianmian to quickly pick up the rice seedlings and go to the fields with them.

  Yu Mianmian was so depressed that she wanted to cry.

  She looked up at Cai Meizhen outside the yard, and smiled a little uncomfortable: "Oh, you go first, sister-in-law, I'll be there in a minute... Wait a minute."

  "Oh, then hurry up, Mianmian, the sun will come out soon, and the fields will be hot when the sun comes out." So they had to work quickly before the sun came out, so as not to be too hot in the fields when the sun came out.

  Yu Mianmian nodded: "I know."

  Cai Meizhen said again, "Then you hurry up," and then went home to pick up the seedlings and go to the fields.

  Yu Mianmian bit her lip and leaned against the door frame in a dejected manner.

  Can she not farm? Can she not plant rice?
  She really doesn't want to do these things. I heard that there are leeches in the paddy fields. What if a leech crawls on her?
  Her original body was a strawberry. She was not only afraid of ants, but also other insects. When she saw those insects, she got goose bumps.

  "Wow, why is this happening?" Yu Mianmian knocked her head gently against the door frame, her eyes red as if she was about to cry at any time.

  And Shen Yi was not here at this time. Shen Yi went out to perform a mission a few days ago and has not returned until now.

  When he left, he said that it might take ten days or half a month to come back, and now... it's only been a week.

  After scratching the door frame with her fingers for a while in silence, she suddenly took a breath, went back to the house to change into more resistant clothes, then walked to the yard, picked up a dustpan of seedlings, and walked towards the paddy field.

  She really couldn't lift the seedlings, so she could only carry them one dustpan at a time.

  But it was very difficult to carry them, and when she arrived at the paddy field, her entire trouser legs were wet. The roots of the seedlings were full of mud and water, and now her trouser legs were terribly dirty.

  But she couldn't care about these now. She raised her eyes and glanced around. There were already military wives working hard to plant rice in the surrounding paddy fields.

  Those military wives all had happy smiles on their faces.

  Yes, wouldn't they be happy? They don't have to hand in this kind of good rice, it's all theirs. This is simply a pie in the sky. Now the family members in the family compound are very grateful to the leaders of the army, and feel that these leaders are even more kind than their parents in their hometown.

  And the military wives from the city are also working hard in the fields at this moment. Although city people sound more noble than country people, in fact, their food is not enough most of the time. Now they can grow rice by themselves and have food to be self-sufficient. They are as happy as the family members from the countryside.

  However, their rice seedlings are carried to the fields by their men, unlike Yu Mianmian, who has to carry them herself.

  Moreover, there are two military wives from the city, and the men help to plant rice seedlings. As the saying goes, it is not tiring to work together as a couple. Even if you are tired, you will be happy when you think that the person you love is by your side.

  Yu Mianmian stood on the edge of the field and took a look, then lowered her eyes, took off her shoes, and walked tentatively into the paddy field.

  She was really afraid of leeches. The moment she entered the water, she couldn't help but feel a buzz in her head, and her mind went blank for a moment.

  But since she was here, she couldn't back down. Besides, the family members in the family compound were all busy and happy. If she didn't work, wouldn't she be an exception?
  And if someone wanted to sow discord, they would definitely say that she was dissatisfied with the army's arrangement and that she was unwilling to accept the paddy fields assigned by the leaders.

  So she had to go to the fields now, and had to... plant rice in the fields like other family members!

  The water in this season was not cold at all, but although the water temperature was not cold, Yu Mianmian still shuddered.

  When she thought of leeches in the fields, she got goose bumps.

  But...

  she took a deep breath, put the seedlings on the edge of the field in the water, bent down and started working in the field.

  She had just seen how others planted rice, so she should be able to do this job.

  Although she looked delicate, she was smart enough. So she only needed to watch it once to know how to do things.

  She was transplanting rice seedlings in a very professional manner. Some family members who were watching the show thought that Yu Mianmian was slow to come over and didn't know how to transplant rice seedlings. Unexpectedly, she was able to do it in a very professional manner, not inferior to them at all. Suddenly, they felt bored and bent down to do their work seriously.

  However, transplanting rice seedlings was very easy at first, but after doing it for a while, they felt unbearable.

  The main problem was waist pain. After bending over for a long time, it felt like they couldn't stand up straight.

  After bending over for a while, Yu Mianmian stood up and hit her waist with her elbow.

  Why was she so miserable? She thought she could enjoy the good life after coming to the army, but she didn't expect that she would enjoy the good life, but also the suffering. Fortunately, she didn't encounter leeches. If she had encountered leeches, she wouldn't know what to do.

  She stood in the field and pounded her waist for a while, then picked up the seedlings and continued to work.

  However, she did not bring all the seedlings over, but only brought a dustpan. After planting all the seedlings in the dustpan, she picked up the dustpan and prepared to go back to bring more seedlings.

  Cai Meizhen, who was not far away, saw her carrying a dustpan and preparing to go home, and hurriedly shouted: "Mianmian~"

  Yu Mianmian heard Cai Meizhen's voice and hurriedly looked up at her: "What's wrong, sister-in-law?"

  Cai Meizhen said: "Mianmian, do you need help? I see that you only brought a dustpan. Do you want us to help you pick up the rest of the seedlings?"

  Cai Meizhen said, and then she raised her foot and prepared to leave her own paddy field to help Yu Mianmian pick the seedlings.

  Although Yu Mianmian wanted others to help, at this time, she hadn't finished her own work, so she didn't have the nerve to ask for help.

  So she quickly said: "No, sister-in-law, I can move it myself, sister-in-law, you can do it yourself, don't worry about me."

  Then she walked forward quickly.

  Cai Meizhen glanced at her figure, she stood there for a few seconds, and finally returned to her own field. She should finish the work in her own field first. After finishing her own work in the field, she will go to help Mianmian. That way Mianmian will feel better.

  To go home, she has to pass by the paddy field of Yao Shufen's house.

  Yao Shufen stood in the field, looked at Yu Mianmian and said, "Sister-in-law, hasn't Captain Shen come back yet? You say this Captain Shen is really something, how come he happened to be on a mission at this time. If he hadn't been on a mission, he would be able to help you at this time."

  Yao Shufen's man was helping her in the field at this time. Yao Shufen relied on her man's help, so she had been lazy in her work just now. She had been secretly looking at Yu Mianmian just now, but she didn't expect that Yu Mianmian did a good job in farm work. Look at the seedlings planted, there is no crookedness at all, and they are planted very well.

  But Yao Shufen didn't envy Yu Mianmian at all for doing such a good job. Not only was she not envious, she also felt a little jealous. Yu Mianmian is beautiful, but she is also good at farm work. She can also make bamboo tables and chairs. Such a woman is just like a perfect fairy, and she seems to be shining all over.

  She can't stand such a woman. Such a woman makes her look pale in comparison in the family compound. She really hopes that such a woman will be driven out of the family compound like Niu Yingying. That's right, Niu Yingying has been completely driven out of the family compound. Niu Yingying... has divorced Hong Jianwei.

  Yao Shufen stared at Yu Mianmian with a smile on her lips, hoping that Yu Mianmian would listen to her words.

  Yu Mianmian curled her lips and sneered when she heard these words.

  Yao Shufen is so funny that she wants to sow discord at this time.

  If she has resentment in her heart, she will definitely blame Shen Yi at this time, blaming Shen Yi for going on a mission at this time, and blaming Shen Yi for not being able to help her at this time.

  Look at Yao Shufen's man, he is busy in the field at this time.

  Lifting her eyes and glancing at Yao Shufen, Yu Mianmian said, "He will definitely complete the tasks assigned by the army. The army assigns tasks to him because they trust his ability. How can I blame him if the army trusts him so much? They must be proud of him. Hey, how can my man be so capable? He is handsome and capable. Sometimes I admire him to death."