Chapter 51-60

Chapter 51 Herbs Sent by Mother-in-law
  "Sister-in-law, why are you wasting your time talking to her? She can believe it if she wants to, or forget it if she doesn't. Anyway, I am someone's daughter, and it's none of her business." Yu Mianmian looked at Cai Meizhen and the others, and hurriedly invited them into the yard.

  Cai Meizhen nodded: "That's right. Your father is the director of the Kyoto Meat Processing Plant, and it has nothing to do with them. It's really a waste of time to tell them this."

  Niu Yingying: "..."

  Yao Shufen and others: "..."

  The military wives around Yao Shufen suddenly regretted not having a good relationship with Yu Mianmian before. And just now, they laughed at Yu Mianmian.

  If they had established a good relationship with Yu Mianmian earlier, maybe they would have the opportunity to go to Kyoto in the future. Even if they didn't go to Kyoto, Yu Mianmian might share some of the packages sent from Kyoto with them.

  It was a mistake, a mistake, it was really a mistake.

  But think about it carefully, this was all Niu Yingying's fault. It was Niu Yingying who spread bad things about Yu Mianmian, saying that Yu Mianmian was a country girl. They really believed Niu Yingying's evil, and were actually led astray by her.

  "Sister-in-law, let's go inside and talk." Yu Mianmian carried the package, and after Cai Meizhen and the others entered the yard, she locked the gate, and then took Cai Meizhen and the others into the living room.

  He Meili was looking at them eagerly in the yard next to her. She frowned, and suddenly felt a little unhappy.

  She was just standing in the yard, and Yu Mianmian didn't even invite her to her house. They were all neighbors,

  but Yu Mianmian really didn't know how to deal with things. Yao Shufen and the military wives around her were all gnashing their teeth secretly. The package from Kyoto was so big, it must be filled with a lot of good things. If they could also go in and sit, they would be able to see what was inside.

  But now, they can only be locked outside the gate.

  One of the military wives turned her head and glared at Niu Yingying, and suddenly said in dissatisfaction: "Comrade Niu Yingying, don't spread bad things about others anymore. Comrade Yu Mianmian is obviously from Kyoto, but you insist on saying that she is a country bumpkin. You said that your spreading rumors like this will affect the unity among our military wives."

  "Yes, and her father is the director of the Kyoto Meat Processing Plant, but you say that her father is a lazy guy from the countryside. Comrade Niu Yingying, you spread the rumors too much."

  "No wonder Comrade Hong Jianwei wants to divorce you, you are not thinking correctly. How can you be a qualified military wife if you are not thinking correctly?" The military wife in her thirties actually always disliked Niu Yingying. If Niu Yingying hadn't been bragging about herself all day, she wouldn't have followed Niu Yingying around.

  But now, Niu Yingying caused her relationship with Yu Mianmian to be a little awkward, and she was unable to build a good relationship with Yu Mianmian early. She didn't want to be around Niu Yingying at all. Besides, Hong Jianwei hates Niu Yingying very much now. Maybe Niu Yingying...will really divorce Hong Jianwei and will really be kicked out of the family compound.

  So there is no benefit in hanging around Niu Yingying now.

  Niu Yingying: "!!!" She looked at the military wives who usually fawned on her and followed her lead, and now scolded her like this. She widened her eyes, feeling angry and unbelievable.

  She wanted to speak, but those military wives snorted and turned away.

  Niu Yingying: "..." I was...very angry, really angry!

  Yao Shufen glanced at her and frowned in dissatisfaction. Although Yao Shufen's family conditions were okay, in this era, things like meat were sometimes not available even if you had money. And Yu Mianmian's father was the director of the Kyoto Meat Processing Plant. If you have a good relationship with the director's daughter, maybe you can get some meat at that time. Even if you can't send fresh meat from Kyoto, you can always send some bacon.

  Bacon is also very juicy, and she likes it very much.

  "Yao Shufen, what's with that look in your eyes? You..."

  "I just can't stand your look." Yao Shufen said directly, and then snorted coldly, raised her foot and left.

  Niu Yingying: "!!!" Now anyone can bully her, right? Anyone can ride on her head, right? These bitches, they are waiting, waiting for her!

  Cai Meizhen brought Qiu Shuxin and others to thank Yu Mianmian for giving them chicken mushrooms. Last night they got the chicken mushrooms to eat, and they were so fragrant... their men ate two more bowls of rice.

  And Yu Mianmian opened the package from Kyoto in front of Cai Meizhen and others. As expected, there was bacon inside.

  Yu Mianmian really likes Cai Meizhen and her sisters-in-law. They are warm and treat her well. They just helped her speak. She is like this. She wants to return the people who are good to her with ten times the enthusiasm.

  She cut a small piece of bacon for each of Cai Meizhen and the others. Although it was only a small piece, a small piece was a very valuable thing these days. They might not be able to buy such a small piece if they went out to buy it.

  In addition to bacon, the package also contained candies and biscuits. Yu Mianmian also gave them some candies. She didn't share the biscuits as she wanted to keep them for herself. Sometimes when she didn't want to eat anything else in the morning, she could fill her stomach with some biscuits.

  Cai Meizhen and the others were so happy to get the bacon and the candies that they couldn't stop smiling. They kept thanking Yu Mianmian and wanted to hug her and kiss her a few times. Cai

  Meizhen and the others stayed at Yu Mianmian's house for half an hour before leaving.