Jake confessed to Elisa

Next day at 5 pm ,
As the sun began to set over the valley, casting a warm orange glow over the landscape, Jake's eyes were fixed on the horizon, eagerly awaiting Elisa's arrival. And then, like a vision from a dream, she appeared, her cycle glinting in the fading light. Her puffy sleeve ruffle dress billowed around her like a cloud, and the oversized bow in her hair added a touch of whimsy to her already captivating presence.

 Her puffy sleeve ruffle dress billowed around her like a cloud, and the oversized bow in her hair added a touch of whimsy to her already captivating presence

As she approached, her tiny steps seemed to echo through the stillness, and Jake's heart raced with anticipation. His breath caught in his throat as Elisa drew nearer, her eyes locking onto his with an unspoken understanding. It was as if the entire world had melted away, leaving only the two of them, suspended in this moment of raw emotion. He felt the urge to sweep her into his arms, to shield her from the world and its uncertainties, to hold her close and never let her go.
For Jake, this was more than just a chance encounter - it was a date, a moment he had been longing for, a chance to connect with the woman who had captured his heart. And as Elisa's gaze met his, he knew that this was just the beginning of a journey that would change them both forever.
Finally, Elisa stood infront of him and looked around to find his fiance. She didn't want to meet her though she asked ,
Elisa: Where's she?
Jake chuckled a little seeing her cute jealousy face. Then asked,
Jake: Who?
Elisa: Your...your fi..fiance.
She cursed herself in mind for stuttering.
Jake: She's not my fiance.
Jake said while looking directly into her eyes. Her heart skipped a beat after listening this from his mouth. Of course she was feeling so much happy. But many more questions arrived in her mind so she controlled her emotions then said,
Elisa: Are you kidding me? You were the one who said that she's your soon to be wi...wife. And now you're saying that she's not. Wait a minute, I even saw you both in that cafe that day. Did you forgot or what?
Jake took a deep breath then said,
Jake: Hold your horses miss Elisa. Let me finish my talk. Actually she's not my fiance. She's a new client and also my college time friend. She's sifted here one month before and met me to discuss about a new case.
Elisa: So, you're not getting married?
Jake: No, I'm not. Atleast not to her.
Elisa took a breath of relief and smiled a little after listening this but she tried to hide her smile which is noticed by Jake.
Elisa: Whatever!! Why are you saying this to me? I don't care whether she's your fiance or friend or client.
Jake looked her in disbelive then said,
Jake: What?? You're the one who was asking me about her since that day.
Elisa: I don't have any interest. Wait a minute if this is the matter then you can tell me this thing on shop too. Then why you called me here? That up to lied me.
Jake: Ac...actually I've something to tell you.
He said while scratching his nape.
Elisa: What!!
She asked while raising her eyebrows.
Jake gestured her to sit on a nearby grass ground and said,
Jake: Come, let's sit here.
Both sat on there with a distance while Elisa's heart beating like a machine same as to Jake. After a small silence Jake spoke,
Jake: Do you know!! I always wanted to be a detective from beginning. When I was very small my mom passed away and my Dad used to says that I loved her so much ,that's why I used to plucked flowers from our garden for her everyday. After her leaving I used to cried and denied to eat anything. That's why my dad married again to his friends sister. Though he loved my mom so much but only for me he married again so that I'll never feel that emptiness in my life.
He gave a painful smile then continued,
Jake: Though she's not my biological mom, I can't deny that she lived my more than that. I never felt that pain after her presence. Even I didn't remember my real mom's face but dad used to told me about her. That's the reason I used to offer her ,her favorite flowers everyday on her grave.
Elisa looked at him and unknowingly her eyes filled with tears. Why not she also felt the same pain of losing her mom. She can empathize Jake in this pain. So, without thinking twice she hold his hands who looked at her. Then she gave him a smile of empathize. Some minutes passed with a pin drop silence between them only sound of wind was audible. After some minutes Jake wiped his tear and said,
Jake: But there's one more emptiness which is still not fulfilled.
Elisa looked at him confusedly but her eyes widened when Jake came into his knees and asked,
Jake: Will you fulfill that emptiness of my life Elisa? Will you be my best half for the rest?

 Elisa looked at him confusedly but her eyes widened when Jake came into his knees and asked,Jake: Will you fulfill that emptiness of my life Elisa? Will you be my best half for the rest?

She stood up from her place and made Jake stand from ground. Then said,
Elisa: Do you even listening your own words Mr. Detective?
Jake chuckled a little then said,
Jake: I love you Elisa.
Elisa's whole world stopped for a moment. She could clearly hear her own heart beats.
Elisa: You're choosing wrong person for yourself Mr.detective. I'm not the one who could be your partner.
Saying this she was turning to leave when Jake again said,
Jake: I love you Eli. Please don't go like this.
After hearing "Eli" from him she couldn't control her tears which were already Started flowing from her eyes. But she wiped them harshly and turned with a cold face then said,
Elisa: I'm telling you Mr. Detective, I'm not the one for you. Please forget everything and choose someone better for you.
Jake came towards her and hold her both hands softly then said,
Jake: But what if I don't want someone else except you? See, I'm very bad at expressing my feelings. For the first time in my life I confessed my love in words in front of you. I never felt this kind of feelings which I'm feeling for you. Please don't push me away from you. Please hold my hands for life time.
He was saying all this while looking directly into her eyes. This time Elisa freed herself from his hold and left mumbling one sentence only " I can't love you". After she went from there Jake again sat there again and looked at the evening sky and said to himself,
Jake: Don't worry, I'll fix your fear, Elisa. I'll show you that love can heal, not harm. I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes.
The sky seemed to darken, as if reflecting Jake's determination. He knew that Elisa's fear was deep-seated, but he was willing to face it head-on, to prove that his love was stronger than her doubts. He again lost in thoughts, his heart beating with a newfound resolve.