{Karina} - you're dating Giselle & Karina likes you - aespa 5th member - part 2

It was awkward and quiet between the five of you for most of the night.

Of course, you never let that show for the sake of the cameras and everyone that was watching but other than that, the tension got the better of you all.

The second you were all back home at the dorm, Karina stormed off to her room while Giselle rushed to hers.

Emotions were running high and to be honest, you weren't quite sure how you felt about the situation and as you sat down at the table in the kitchen, Winter and NingNing joined you.

"Are you okay?" NingNing asked.

"I don't know." You sighed as you brushed your fingers through your hair. "My heart is torn on the situation."

"That's understandable," Winter replied. "Y/N, I know things are crazy right now but please don't let anyone tell you what you should do or how you should feel. Whether you like Karina too or choose to stay with Giselle, you should listen to your heart."

You nodded wordlessly, knowing that she was right.

"I know there's a lot of pressure but don't rush into a decision either way. Take your time to think about it. Let your heart tell you what's right here." NingNing spoke before squeezing your shoulder.

She and Winter got up and headed upstairs to change and take their makeup off while you put your head in your hands.

This was so confusing and so crushing for you.

On one hand, you love Giselle; you know that for certain.

But the more you let Karina's words sink in, the more you realize that you feel the same way she does.

You had been hoping and waiting that she'd make a move for so long because you two have always been extremely close and your friendship seemed as if it was meant to be something more.

But you chickened out of confessing to her because you were so terrified of ruining things between you and then Giselle asked you out and you couldn't say no because, truthfully, you did like her too.

You felt so torn and the pressure and stress of the situation began to make you feel overwhelmed as you sat alone... or so you thought.

There was a tap on your shoulder a few minutes after Winter and NingNing left and when you turned to see who it was, you saw Karina.

She had changed out of her outfit and was now in just a pair of pajama pants and a tank top with her hair combed and her makeup off and, honestly, your heart skipped a beat at the sight.

"I think we should talk."

"I agree." You replied and she sat down in the chair beside you.

Things were quiet for a second as she anxiously played with her fingers.

As you stared at your lap, she stared at you.

"Y/N,"

You looked at her and listened to her take a nervous breath.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said all of that back there before we left. I should've kept my feelings to myself."

"They were bound to come out at some point. I understand." You quietly spoke.

"Do you feel the same?" She asked and you shrugged your shoulders.

"I don't know. I think so. But it's so complicated, Karina. I'm with Giselle."

"I know. That's why I've never said anything. Giselle is one of my closest friends, I would never want to hurt her and I knew that she'd get so angry with me about this. But more than anything else, I know it hurt her and I feel awful about it."

You nodded wordlessly.

"I don't know what the right thing to do is here." You sighed. "What do I do?"

"Listen to your heart."

"That's what Winter said too. But it's hard because I don't even think my heart knows what it wants." You said before looking at her, meeting those soft brown eyes of hers. "I know I like you."

"You do?"

Karina was in disbelief over your words... however, that hadn't been her response to you.

It was Giselle, who had been listening to you and Karina for the last couple of minutes and had just come downstairs.

You turned to look at her and saw her looking so saddened by your confession.

Of course, that was natural.

Who wants to hear their girlfriend say they like someone else?

No one.

"I'm sorry." You whispered. "I don't know."

Giselle let out a heavy breath as she came over to you and gently placed her hand on your shoulder.

"I can't stop you from ending things between us and being with Karina instead. As much as I love and care about you, I won't be selfish and try to keep you with me if that's not what makes you happy. I want you to be happy."

You looked at her, right into her eyes as yours filled with tears from how confused and conflicted you felt.

"It would change everything. It would ruin everything." You sniffled and stood up. "I don't know what to do anymore. I need to think. I'm sorry."

You rushed upstairs and slammed the door to your dorm room, taking NingNing by surprise since you shared the room.

Downstairs, Giselle and Karina looked at each other in silence, both unsure of what to say anymore because the situation was complicated, to say the very least.

But they knew, deep down, that whoever you chose was up to you and only you and they couldn't change it either way.