𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝗦𝗜𝗫

""Just tired" She said, but you could tell it was not just a lack of sleep, but a lack of hope and happiness that made her act the way she did."

Alexa Sinclair

"I can't believe you roped me into this shit, and convinced me to let me come with."

I stared out of the car window, sniffling to myself. "Maybe turn down that road?"

We were cruising down the streets of Chesterfield, I saw a bunch of homeless people, stray dogs... burnt out street lights..

But no Tom.

I held onto my blankie, the roads becoming blurred. It felt like all i'd been doing was crying, and nonetheless it's over him.

It was weird. It's almost like... I just, I know he's in trouble.

I made my dad take the spare car, so that nobody would suspect him as the sheriff.

"Let me get this straight, your boy is in a gang... and now we're looking for him to make sure he isn't dead in a—"

"Don't say that!"

My dad's lips pressed tight. "Okay honey, i'm sorry. But you shouldn't be hanging out with boys like that, they're not good for you."

"They only lead to trouble."

Doesn't he think I know that?

"I know, but he's different. I promise." I wiped away my tears, watching out for any signs.

How does he live here? It's so... gruesome.

I would never judge anyone because of where they're from... but he deserves better.

I nearly jumped out of my seat. "Over there!"

He pulled into the road, my pupils shaking.

Tom. On the road.

The middle of the road.

I ran out of the moving car, my dad screaming my name. "Alexandra! You better get your behind back in this fucking car!"

I ignored him, falling to my knees. He was only in his boxers, and he had bruises everywhere.

A bloody nose... god, his lip was busted open.

I pressed my head against his chest, hearing his heart still going. A huge relief falling off of my shoulders. "You're okay, everything's going to be okay." My lips fell down, holding onto his face. I felt hands on my back.

"Do I call—"

"Don't call it in." I cut him off, attempting to get Tom over my back.

"Alexa—"

"I'm serious. If you tell anyone, i'll run away. I'll never come back, and you aren't arresting him, for anything he tells you." I spat the words out faster than they could register in my head.

He began coughing up blood.

I sat him up, making sure he wouldn't choke. "Fuck, I told you not to—"

"Yeah! Well I thought you were smarter than to get jumped, can you walk?" I questioned, he nodded... before his head flailed in my arms.

"He's gone again." I sniffled, looking up to my dad. He started saying things under his breath, no doubt about how stupid this was.

"He has a brother... do you think he's like this too?" I stroked his swollen cheeks, my heart breaking at the sight of the bloodied boy.