[ 3 ]

Chapter 3, the shinazugawa residence

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

You stood outside the shinazugawa residence, your seethed sword was snug neatly in your belt, late morning sun rays spilling down onto your skin. You stood on a paved stone path in front of a pair of wooden gates that stood tall towering above you.

You hesitated before calling out for him, were you too early? Too late? I guess you couldn't go back home now.

Your crow was perched on your shoulder. It looked at you with a confused expression before you finally called out, trying your best not to trip over your words.

"Shinazugawa-san?? I'm here to spar! By oyakata-samas request!!!"

You called out, gripping the handle of your sword subconsciously, until you heard a tired groan and the gate you stood in front of start to move

"What."

Sanemi stated blankly, leaning on the bamboo gate. His hair was a mess, it looked as if he just woke up. He was also wearing a.. disturbed yukata, it was showing his chest- not like you don't see it when he's in his uniform, though.

"Er— am I here too early? Forgive me."

You replied, bowing quickly. Your crow looked confused as to why you were so awkward all of a sudden.

"Whatever. Come inside. Have you eaten? I was just making food."

He retorted, rolling his eyes as he turned around and walking into the estate.

You followed quickly behind him. Slipping off your slippers in the genkan before you followed him to where he was cooking. Kneeling down in front of the chabudai, waiting for him to follow you.

The silence between you two was awkward, but you still found it slightly comforting. Soon, he placed a clay cup filled with tea in front of you as he kneeled down at the table across from you. He looked tired.

"Shinazugawa-san.. are you okay? You look tired, like you should be resting.."

You stated softly, you noticed a small vein bulge on his forehead and his grasp tighten on his cup at your words. His breath hitched as he opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He was thinking.

"I don't any help. I'm a hashira. I can function on low amounts of energy and sleep"

He replied blankly, yet you could hear the strain in his voice as he spoke, he was avoiding your gaze too, but you didn't want to push him, you wanted him to feel comfortable around you.

He took another sip of tea before he set the cup down once more, his eyes flickered to you just for a moment, but he quickly diverted it, the grasp he had on his cup softening.

*

"C'mon, Shinazugawa-san! Is that all you got? We're sparing!"

You cheered, a smile on your face as you swung the bokken in your hand over his head, stopping it just before it hit his forehead.

"Are you sure you're okay? You're not on your game."

You stated, moving your bokken to rest by your side as you faced him. A gentle wind blew on the two of you as you waited for him to reply, the Hakama pants you wore brushing against your legs in the wind

"You know if you're unresponsive I'll have to drag you to the butterfly mansion!!"

You chuckled quietly under your breath at your remark, yet he still wasn't responding, he was hunched over slightly, his hands resting on his knees as he continued to stay quiet. Then, you noticed him stirring slightly.

Suddenly he collapsed, his face on a beeline to the dusty ground.

"SHINAZUGAWA-SAN!"

You shrieked as you noticed him loosing consciousness and falling over. You quickly looped your arms under his armpits so he wouldn't fall face flat on the floor, your body toppling over slightly though you kept your balance

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

637 words

Ahh! Chapter three at last :D hopefully this isn't too bad, and don't worry I won't let our husband sanemi die!!!!