[ 13 ]

Chapter 13, a thought

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦

You huffed as you continued dragging the oiled rag you held down the length of your katana. It's (colour) blade glistening brightly in the sunlight. You exhaled softly, feeling more content now as you methodically rubbed slow circles into the nichirin. Tender (shade) fingers ran over your sword after you set down the rag, lithe digits tracing the pattern engraved in its metal.

'Destroyer of demons...' you uttered, eyes flickering shut for a moment before they opened once more, readjusting to the sun beams spilling down onto your body. You lifted your sword from your lap, setting it onto the wood of the engawa beside you with a soft clunk. You played with your hands, tracing your fingers over eachother. Uneven skin like piano keys ran over itself, the mass amount of scars on your still soft hands unnoticeable to the untrained eye. You wondered if your hands would fit into Shinazugawas easily.

You thought about it for probably too long. But it was just an appealing thought! Your wrist bone could easily fit in the palm of his hand, right? Fingers intertwining and clicking into place, his thumb rubbing small circles onto yours as he whispered sweet nothings into your ear... it was a silly thought.

You mentally cursed yourself for thinking about it. Yet the mere thought of him was so intriguing to you. But alas, all you could do was hope he somehow felt the same way.

*

He exhaled sharply as he advanced, body jolting forwards as he jabbed his bokken in the air, grumbling as he noticed his crow flying down towards him.

"Caw! Caw! A message for Shinazugawa-sama! (L/n)-sama has inquired if you are content with continuing the plans depicted in a letter you sent her!"

He dropped the bokken to his side, still gripping it tightly with one hand. He looked up at the crow hovering at eye level with him, then to the ground and back to the crow once more. Why was this decision so hard for him? It was a simple yes or no... so why was he racking his brain so much for this answer?

Calloused fingers clenched the wooden sword so tightly his knuckles turned white, he was overthinking the entire situation at this point. He clicked his tongue before speaking.

"Tell her she'll receive another letter with information on it soon."

The words stung his mouth, their bitter aftertaste subsiding on his tongue even after the crow flew away. He clenched his jaw and dropped the sword he held, walking towards the engawa, eye twitching slightly.

*

He let out a slow exhale as cool water trickled down his throat, expression softening as a complimentary breeze blew short white tufts of hair in the wind. He looked besides him to the wood of the engawa, sighing when he wasn't met with your gaze. Why was this girl invading his thoughts? Your mere scent was utterly intoxicating to him. He clenched his eyes shut, teeth gritting as he hung his head down as an attempt to clear his mind.

'Idiot (Y/n)... I could easily beat her in a fight. I could eat more than her in an eating contest. I could probably beat her in a race, too. So why is she so captivating?'

He wracked his brain, lips pursing as he stared at the ground. His thoughts always ran back to you. He always found a way to relate things to your essence. Heck even the petals blowing in the wind reminded him of a part of you.

"Stupid, stupid (L/n)."

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦

597 words

Sorry for this slow rate of releasing chapters ... :(

I'm trying to keep more consistent!