[ 8 ]

Chapter 8, words

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

"What on earth are you talking about, Shinazugawa?"

As he slowly shifted his gaze to lock onto yours, he was met with a dumbfounded look on your face.

"I said-"

"No, I heard you."

You cut him off before he could repeat himself, you just needed to gather your thoughts.

"Why do you assume I want to be a sore winner? Why does it matter if you forfeit our sparring? Give me one reason why it would take anything away from you as a person."

Your tone was firm, and a pout tinged your mouth as you spoke to him. An irk mark tugged on your temple as he didn't answer.

'What the heck is she on about?'

Was the only thing he could utter to himself before he began to string together a sentence or two.

"Why are you being so kind to me, (y/n)."

As he spoke, you felt a stinging feeling.. his words, they made you recoil slightly. 'Why am I being so kind to him? What on earth does he mean? Why would I be unkind to anyone especially him!!' Your thoughts were a mess, you tilted your head slightly before you opened your mouth to speak.

"Why would I ever be unkind to you, Shinazugawa? You've never given me a reason to do so. No matter how badly you feel about yourself, your thoughts won't ever make anyone- let alone me dislike you in any way. We're colleges, friends if you will! Just being by your side is a blessing in itself!" [ w2e reference..? ]

You felt your cheeks heating slightly as you spoke, not necessarily from being flustered but from the amount of emotion in your tone as you spoke. Yet the look in your eyes as you spoke, it just was so... genuine. He couldn't have denied it himself.

'Why do her words sound so genuine right now.. what's happening?'

Sanemis heart pounded loudly in his chest so much he could hear it, your words- he never heard those things ever exit someone's mouth to him. He was just so used to not being enough for everyone's standards that he went along with life in solitude. You were such an anomaly for him.

He could feel heat poking at his face as he looked at you, your words ringing loudly in his ears.

"Shinazugawa? Shinazugawaaa? Are you there?"

You cooed in a playful tone, a grin teasing the corners of your lips as you waved a hand in front of his face. Yet, despite your calls, your words where just background noise in his mind, the ringing of your words on his ears now deafening. He could barely focus on your face now, what the heck is this feeling?

".. you can leave now."

*

Soon, you found yourself wandering down the stone paved hill that Shinazugawa lived on, his flustered expression still plastered in the centre of your mind. 'Could he fancy me? Am I second guessing myself? Was he even flustered at all?' Many a thoughts raced around your mind as you made your way back to your village. Your crow flying in the afternoon sky above you, your seethed sword brushing against your legs as you walked.

"CAW! CAW! NIGHT IS APPROACHING!!"

Your crow cawed loudly into the sky above you. A small chuckle escaped your breath as you continued to walk into the late afternoon. The gentle wind rustling your (h/c) hair as the last light of the day illuminated the path ahead of you. It looked like you'd be on the road tonight.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

605 words

[ sorry if this chapter was released later then usual! ]