Chapter 28 - Aftermath

[Jai's PoV]

Why the fuck I did what I did yesterday!! The aftermath showers over me as the blanket covers my body, I kick my feet while Karthik opens the door to take the room service.

"Jai, wake up," He nudges me, "Breakfast is here." He says and I slowly remove the
blanket covering my face,embarrassment
masking my face, the rays lighting his face with a smile reaching his eyes. He leans down to kiss my forehead, "Good morning" He whispers.

"Good" I pause as previous night's memories flashes, "Morning... " I refuse to throw the blanket away, I'm way too embarrassment, my random wave of confidence always end in regret. It's not like I don't want to show him every part of me, but I don't want to disappoint him either.

"What happened? Did we went too hard last night? " He places his palm on my cheek, caressing it, and I lean into the touch.  "I'm just...embarrassed," I confess and he lies beside me, looping his arm around me and pulling me closer. I rest my face on his chest, listening to his heart beats while he plays and twirls my hair between his finger. 

"It is ok to become embarrassed, I feel that way sometimes too, but you know I will never judge you, right?" He intertwines our finger together and kisses the back of my hand.

"I don't want to disappoint you," I whisper and our eyes get lock with each other, "No matter how much you think,  you can never disappoint me, remember that, Jai. " Vulnerability cracks through my sides, warmth flows through my soul, "I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too, " He raises my chin with his fingers and kisses me, passion flows through his actions, love through his words and proudness through his eyes. "I will always love you, " I tell him, and he kisses my nose, "I will always love you too, " He says.

We stay in silence for the time being, looking and caressing each other, "Karthik, do you want to tell our parents? It has already been 6 months, I want to come out, you and your words give me confidence, even for short time, they do. "

"Only for short time," He asks disappointed with a slight pout forming on his face.

"That's your main concern?" I raise a brow.

He nods frantically, "Ok,  your words give me confidence for a long time. Happy? " He nods again.

I smile at his silliness and he gives me one back, "Now, what about my question? "

"If you are confident in coming out, then I'm too. I am always ready for you, " He smiles.

"Ok Mr. Cheeky, how about tomorrow, first yours then mine? "

"Sure, " He kisses my forehead, "We are in this together, no matter their answer, I will never leave you. "

"I will never leave you too, you are my best friend, you are my boyfriend, you are my first everything. " He embraces me. "You are everything," he whispers.

****

Risks are worth it, maybe because you are worth everything.

****

Hello!!! I'm back after a long vacay, I went travelling and I'm writing this from my nani's, this chapter was short but I just wanted to write smthng comforting, so this is it. This is the long chapter which I wrote before midnight yet I think. And yeah, I hope you all are doing great!!
Thank you for reading!!
It means a lot!!!