Chapter-4

As planned, I'm escaping from the US to India. My dad is going to Paris for a business trip, so this is the best chance for me. Hes been restricting me all these months since my accident (the same accident in which Siri lost her memory, and my legs were injured). I started walking three weeks ago. I dont have the courage or time to waste arguing with my dad. I have to go to Siri.

I close my eyes slowly, seated in my seat while pulling up the mask to cover my face just in case if anyone finds me. Thats the reason i haven't booked my ticket in business class nor took my Chartered Flight, that makes it very easy for my father to know where iam. And theres no way he wouldn't know about me if it happens this way, . I know iam risking it all after being fully aware of what my dad can do?. But i love siri and i cant live without her.

FLASHBACK

I am not at all interested in parties; they bore me. But it's a business party, and due to my dads insistence, I ended up here. The people here are making fun of me for being non-alcoholic. This disgusts me more than anything.

Just then, my eyes fall on a girl. She's looking breathtakingly beautiful, her black mini dress tightly hugging her and revealing her body curves. Her neckline and shoulders are shining within the dim lights of the pub. Shes writing something. In a place like this? I look around and look back, and shes gone. I scan the area and spot her stumbling and walking towards the exit. I excuse myself and start following her for her safety. Well, not gonna lie, shes gorgeous and interesting. Youre attracted to her, my inner self mocks. Maybe a bit.

I think she broke up with her boyfriend; shes been cursing, "Vivek, you bastard. How can you do that to me? Even if I hadnt proposed, I loved you. I still love you. How can you marry another girl?"

It took a moment for me to understand what shes saying. then i realise, "Wait, what? Excuse me, miss, you havent even proposed to him?" I ask without thinking.

"Look, another bastard," she says, pointing at me.

She yells, "All men are bastards," and continues, "I have rejected 12 boys for you—well, 11 if I exclude that seventh standard student."

I giggle. She turns to me, comes too close to my face, tiptoeing because she is short—way too short compared to my height. Her scent hits my face, she is so GORGEOUS even with a subtle makeup.

"Is my pain funny to you, mister?" she says. The tears in her eyes make my heart ache.

Finally, we reach her apartment after a straight four-hour walk.

"Do you live alone?" i ask. On watching her state and returning home.

"No, i live with a devil. So don't follow me-its gonna eat you. Now get lost!!! She says and stumbling on the stairs, so I give her a piggyback ride.

"Which floor?" I ask.

"Fourth floor," she says, cutely pouting her lips.

I chuckle to myself.

We reach there. "Why does the elevator have to be broken now?" I mumble to myself. I open the door with a key from her bag. I turn around, and shes asleep on the ground.

Oh God! , I carry her in bridal style and lay her on her bed, till now i haven't noticed the moles on her collarbones Damn! she too hot. I look around her room, there is huge teddy bear beside her bed with a headset i guess she made it wear. There are a lot of soft toys, many books. Her room is lively and more like an atmosphere like kids live here. I roamed around for a few minutes.The quotes on the photos hanging in her room and a few drawings on her desk are all depressing. I take out the sticky note she was writing in the pub.