Chapter-7

I was breathing heavily, clutching Vivek's hand.

"Vivek, let's stop. I can't run any further. How are you so energetic after working all night?"

He chuckled, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Tired already?"

I nodded, feeling the sweat soak through my clothes.
"You had an urgent work at the office, and worked alnight. And now here you are, dragging me out for a run. You must really miss me,"
I added with a teasing smile.

His chuckle deepened. 

"Let's eat panipuri," I said, my excitement bubbling over. I'd been craving it ever since Aashiq  brought some when I was recovering.

Vivek laughed.
"Panipuri this early in the morning? Not likely."

I made a confused, slightly frustrated face.
"Why not?"

He softened at my expression.
"How about we grab some cold coffee instead?"

"Deal!"
I shouted, grabbing his arm and pulling him along. I didn't want to push him too hard, but I couldn't help feeling thrilled.

"Not so fast,"
he teased, his eyes glinting with mischief.
"Let's see who reaches the car first. If you win, I'll gift you something very special." He flashed a teasing smile.

"Okay, but where's the car? I can't see it anywhere,"
I said, scanning the distance.

He gave me a knowing look.
"Over there,"
he pointed, but it still seemed far off.

I sighed with a mix of exhaustion, thrill, and annoyance.
"Fine," I conceded.

He started counting, "One... two..." Before he reached three, he took off running.

"Vivek, this is cheating!" I shouted, laughing as I ran after him.

We reached the car, breathless ,collapsing into each other's arms. 

As we walked to the café, I couldn't shake the feeling of warmth and comfort that came from being with him. Despite the sweat and exhaustion, I felt lighter, more alive. 

We both sipped our cold coffees as we drove towards my home. I glanced at Vivek, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Vivek?" I called softly, turning towards him.

He was focused on the road, his grip steady on the wheel. Without looking at me, he replied, "Hmm?"

"Since when do you know me?" I asked, my voice filled with curiosity. He turned towards me briefly and chuckled.

"Why do you chuckle every time I ask or say something?" I pressed.

"Since childhood," he replied with a playful smile. "Why?"

"What kind of girl was I back then? And what about now? Any difference? Were we always this close?"
I leaned forward, my face inches from his.He pulled the car to a gentle stop and turned to face me fully, a smile playing on his lips.

"What's with you today? So many questions all at once."

I blinked twice, silently, maintaining the same distance.He cupped my face in his hands, and I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks. 

"You used to be so timid around me," he said, his voice softening. He chuckled again. "You were the epitome of a traditional, shy girl. But then, that day when I saw you in those shorts, my heart skipped a beat. In that moment, I think I fell for you."