Chapter-14

Vivek's POV :

After our meeting with the client, my colleagues and I were relaxing. This client is very important for our company's growth and recognition, so we all have been working very hard. Sometimes, too hard, leaving little time for ourselves.

Amidst the chaos, I heard the familiar sound of laughter. I looked around and saw her, her hair gently blowing away from her face, illuminated beautifully by the moonlight and the breeze from the balcony.I walked towards her and she immediately ran into my arms, introducing her best friend, Akul. We greeted each other and then excused ourselves from him and my colleagues.

We both got into my car, heading to a night pub as she had wanted. She was ranting endlessly about an annoying character in a web series she recently started watching, while I divided my attention between her and driving.

We danced with our arms intertwined, forgetting the world around us. I didn't know she could dance so well. As the night progressed, she got a bit tipsy, and when it was time to close the pub, we were politely asked to leave.

Now, we're back in my car. She's yelling at the pub workers for kicking us out, and occasionally hinting about wanting to have some fun with me, which made my eyes widen in surprise. Iam a human with values i can't take advantage of her drunken state, also iam not in a state to do so.

I was equally drunk, fumbling with my phone, trying to call Rahul. He might be drunk and asleep or making out with his wife or whatever. To make matters worse, my phone is about to die."Siri, where is your phone?" I asked.

" I forgot  it in Akul's car ," she said, giggling cutely.

So, I called to her number, hoping akul could pick up and help us out as I couldn't and shouldn't drive in this state. The phone is ringing which is making come to my senses as my anxiety peaks. I know iam being a bit shameless...actually a lot to ask help from a stranger even though he's siri's bestfriend i had met him just a few minutes ago and i only know his name, but i have no other choice.

He picked up the call then, " Hello!!!..." he answered groggily.                                                                        " Hello. Hello Akul..it's me Vivek", he hasn't responded immediately . Anyone in this world won't expect a stranger to call at midnight.

so i said " Siri's fiance " further. I explained the situation briefly and he immediately agreed without asking anymore details except for our address.

Akul reached within a very few minutes, he seems to be worried or He's face is saying something else like hurt, like even though it might be not a usual thing of her not getting so drunk that's not a friend is supposed to react. I am just overthinking, drunk and tried maybe i just need a good sleep. 

Akul's POV :  

As i stepped out of my car, her hands all over him making my blood boil. My rage is getting out of my control hearing his name out of her lips... i don't even know that i posses such anger that i could kill someone for her.

"Hey...thanks for coming thankyou so much" that bastard said,

 " I didn't come for you idiot i came for my love i wanted to say", when he continued, 

"we are so sorry for troubling you so late....",

  " what do you mean by we are sorry, she'll never be sorry to anyone ever. You have to be sorry for taking birth you f*-  no i shoudn't curse....atleast not now" i wish i could say this to his ugly looking face  and he tried to sidehug me, which i avoided politely as i approached siri.

"Siri, are you okay?" i asked her very worried to which she just giggled.

"Yeah she's okay, she's just drunk....." "we both are.." he said after a little pause. While iam making her sit in the car.

"First i'll drop you at your house, in this state she can't go to home, i'll take her to deepu's house..OK?" this is my first time talking to him since i reached.

He agreed and sat. I drppoed him off. Finally i felt like breathing.

She just rolled her legs upto her chest, seated beside me, her face glowing as the streets light fall onto her skin. She's  mumbled  "I LOVE YOU".....My heart skipped a bit and my mind went blank.....then she took his name "VIVEK". 

Seeing her this drunk and saying his name made me recollect the night when i first met her, when she cried her heart out yelling and cursing his name for not being able to forget him. Not him seeing her love and fixing his engagement....

"Have her wishes finally came true?"                                                                                                                             " Should i  leave her ?" "Was this the end?" Oh god iam going crazy ......but i dont know what to say to make her stay to make her believe or to make to remember me..

"Siri, Do you still love vivek?" i asked her wishing her to say "NO" when i obviously know the answer.

"The girl who cried vigorously in the middle of the night on the road drunk like hell and hoping to die, is going to marry the cause for her that state without her knowledge"

She fell asleep before answering, thankgod she hasn't answered if she did, i could see myself in her position three years back hoping nothing but death.