𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐𝟒.

Ivy's PovRecently, I've experienced a sense of freedom after expressing my feelings

Ivy's Pov
Recently, I've experienced a sense of freedom after expressing my feelings. It's as though a burden has been removed from my shoulders, resulting in a peaceful life of my decisions. It felt good to put my relationship out there even if it was one person witnessing it. Raegon's visit stirred a handful of emotions; her presence was both positive and negative. Despite the joy of our reunion, I found myself agreeing to accompany her to a nightclub tonight. I've kept this from Amarni, anticipating her disapproval.

Nevertheless, I stand firm in the belief that as an adult, I am entitled to do whatever I wanted. Thinking about how much Armani disliked Raegon made me realize that it would be even more problematic if Armani found out about my plans and who I was going with. Despite this, I decided to take the risk and go ahead with my plans for now.

With a light hand, I approached my vanity set and swiftly applied a settle yet striking evening makeup look. It was subtle but bold, enhancing my natural features. The anticipation had me so energized that I had proactively styled my hair into wand curls the previous night, setting them in rollers to ensure perfection. Therefore, all that was left was to perfect my makeup and slip into my chosen attire. Upon adding the final flourishes to my makeup, I grinned at my reflection and rose from the vanity.

Just as I was getting ready to step into the bathroom, I heard my phone ring. I assumed it was Raegon letting me know that she was on her way, but to my surprise, it was Armani calling me through FaceTime. I hesitated for a moment before answering the call, immediately turning off my camera once I did.

"Hello?"

"Ivy, can you actually put popcorn in an air fryer? I just bought one from target," Armani suddenly asked, taking me by surprise. I found myself momentarily biting down on my lower lip, holding back a burst of laughter at the seriousness in Armani's voice over such an unexpected question.

Armani then flipped her camera, transitioning the view from the air fryer to her serious expression. Her eyes appeared slightly reddened and heavy, a clear indication that she had recently indulged in her usual smoke. My breath hitched, jolting me from the trance-like state her presence quickly put me in. "No, don't put popcorn in the air fryer. It's best to just place the bag in the microwave. The instructions are on back of the box, baby," I chuckled, unplugging my phone and walking into my closet to select my outfit.

"Yeah, yeah, why is your camera off? What are you doing? I want to see you," Armani asked suspiciously. I glanced at my phone and continued carefully selecting my outfit, all the while racking my brain for a believable excuse to tell her. I felt guilty about lying to her, but I believed that it was necessary for the best possible outcome.

"I'm just cleaning up around the house. Its nothing to see," I murmured, and there was a moment of silence before Armani responded with a soft hum. The familiar sound of the microwave door echoed through the phone, followed by the sound of the popcorn popping. As Armani busied herself with her snack, I selected an outfit—a purple lace bodysuit with a cutout framing my torso and a hint of cleavage.