𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐𝟓. [⚠︎︎]

Author's PovArmani watched Ivy from across the table, who was unaware that she was the focus of such eager attention

Author's Pov
Armani watched Ivy from across the table, who was unaware that she was the focus of such eager attention. Deep in conversation, Ivy seemed to deliberately overlook Armani, adding tension to the evening. Armani had not bothered to remember the names of the other guests introduced at Raegon's private birthday gathering, so the person Ivy was talking to remained unknown to her. This obvious snub from Ivy only intensified Armani's frustration.

Sexually and Mentally..

Armani noticed that Ivy was still upset about how she had handled the situation from the club. Ivy insisted that her agreement to the situation was solely due to the influence of alcohol, but Armani remained unconvinced. It wasn't just a matter of how Armani had handled the situation; rather, it was the way in which it had been handled overall. This resulting in Ivy ignoring Armani for nearly two days straight, but since both Ivy and Armani were invited to Raegon's birthday party, they had no choice but to rekindle.

Armani realized that Ivy was anticipating her to either dispatch the man with a single click, or go head-to-head with him, but it turned out to be much more complicated than that. Ivy was struggling mentally to push aside what had happened from her thoughts. Armani found it ironic how Ivy kept vacillating about her actions since she were a teenager. What exactly did she hope for?

In no way did Armani have any regrets about her actions. She took situations like this very seriously, especially when it involved Ivy. Being a victim herself due to the actions of her own parents may have triggered her to react strongly in this situation.

The loud rhythms of 'Bare Wit Me' by Teyana Taylor echoed through the premises. The room, expansive and filled with celebratory decor, was set for Raegon's birthday festivities. For Ivy, attendance was non-negotiable; Raegon's birthday bash was a must on her agenda, an event she deemed too precious to miss. Armani, on the other hand, received her invitation through Ivy, as a courtesy from Raegon.

Despite this, Armani harbored no fondness for the birthday celebrant and had no intention of changing that stance. It took Ivy's force to bring Armani along, especially since Raegon felt guilty for the mishap involving the pepper spray.

Ivy sat at the long table, feeling a sense of unease. She cleared her throat, trying to ignore the feeling of someone's gaze on her. As she was about to look up, she suddenly felt a slight kick to her foot from underneath the table, causing her to snap her head up in surprise. Her eyes widened as she looked up to see Armani already staring back at her. Armani tilted her head to the right, a silent signal for Ivy to join her away from the table.

Ivy's gaze lingered on Armani as she silently rose from the table, her movements deliberate as she made her way toward what Ivy deduced must be the restroom. "E-excuse me," Ivy stammered quietly, her voice barely rising above a whisper as she pushed her chair back; the resulting squeak reverberated through the room, catching eyes from guest as she took her leave from the gathering.