𝟎𝟐𝟐.𝟑

Juliet rested her head on Percy's shoulder feeling really useless.

Coach Hedge was sing "Old MacDonald" (with weapons instead of animals), they decided to have a picnic in the park. 

Hedge grudgingly agreed. "Stay where I can see you."

"What are we, kids?" Jason asked.

Hedge snorted. "Kids are baby goats. They're cute, and they have redeeming social value. You are definitely not kids."

They spread their blanket under a willow tree next to a pond. Piper turned over her cornucopia and spilled out an entire meal—neatly wrapped sandwiches, canned drinks, fresh fruit. Daphne then sheepishly reached into the small bag she was carrying and pulled out a birthday cake with purple icing and candles.

Piper frowned. "Is it someone's birthday?"

Jason winced, though warmth shined in his face. "Daph you didn't have to"

"Jason!" Piper exclaimed acting too worried as she was the girlfriend.

Daphne ignored her and smiled at Jason, "I wanted to, It's the first time we are celebrating the right date."

"July First," Juliet said. "The Kalends of July. Happy Birthday light pole,"

"Thanks." Jason smiled. "The Romans would find that auspicious—the first day of the month named for Julius Caesar. Juno's sacred day. Yippee."

"Sixteen?" Percy asked, he didn't have good memories of his 16th birthday.

He nodded. "Oh, boy. I can get my driver's license."

"How old are you guys?" He suddenly asked Juliet and Percy.

"18," Juliet answered smugly, "I'm older than Percy,"

"Don't rub it in," Percy protested softly, "I'm 17, Happy 16 to you, dude,"

He didn't really look happy making Juliet look at him amused, "Percy doesn't have good memories of his 16th birthday,"

"Gee I wonder why? It wasn't like I was being treated as if I was joining the hunger games," He sassed making Juliet laugh.

"Well?" Daphne urged turning to Jason. "Blow out the candles."

Jason did. Juliet wondered if he'd made a wish—hopefully that they would survive this quest and stay alive. She decided not to ask him. She didn't want to jinx that wish.

Jason plucked an extinguished candle from his cake. "I've been thinking."

"About?" Daphne asked.

"We'll be heading out now," Percy sighed getting up pulling Juliet to his feet and wrapping his arm around her waist, "Give you both some privacy," 

He indignantly looked at Piper who acted as if she couldn't see Percy.

"Get up," Juliet snapped, done with her bullshit, Piper immediately followed, "Go take a walk, leave the couples alone,"

Juliet and Percy walked around Rome both of them wrapped around each other feeling out of place. Percy swung their hands together starting at her in the sun before kissing her softly. "You're beautiful,"

"I know right," Juliet teased offering a smug smile making him chuckle.

There was silence as they walked for a minute before Percy spoke, "How do you tap into Patroclus?"

Juliet looked at him slightly confused, "Hmm? What do you mean?"

Percy hesitated for a moment, gathering his thoughts. "I mean, how do you... connect with him? Patroclus, I mean. Like, how do you channel his strength and wisdom when you need it?"