Chapter 2

My affair with stiles started almost a year ago, but there's a good reason for it..... if there's ever a good reason for an affair.

Two years earlier

Tonight Sam has decided to take me out to dinner at a beautiful fancy restaurant. I didn't know whether to be happy or scared because our marriage hasn't been necessarily great.

See, me and Sam have known each other since we were 12, started dating at 15, got married at 18.
Our love story was a cliche romantic, girl next door,  popular hot guy who claims to only have eyes for me. Things were great....well at least that's what I thought at the time,  until our mid twenties when I started noticing that somethings were missing in our marriage. Sam was distant, irritable and sometimes hurtful. He was only affectionate with me around his family and friends. So this romantic gesture tonight is giving me an ominous feeling.

"We need to talk," he says looking at me.

"We do?" I ask feeling anxious.

Sam nodded. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

"Our relationship hasn't been...." He pauses as if searching for the right word. "Great," he said finally.

I grab my glass of wine and chug it down. I wipe my mouth with a napkin and clear my throat.

"I know," I say.

He sips his wine and says, "we need to do something about it."

"Something?" I ask.

"Yes, we need to fix the problem. We need to work on our marriage before it completely falls apart," he says.

"Fi....fix it," I Stammer, relief surging through me. I almost cry. "I'm so relived, I thought for a second you were done with me."

"Done with you.... Are you crazy?" He looks at me with a serious face. "You and I are forever baby, even in the next life I'll choose you."

My heart flutters, "I'll choose you too," I smile shyly.

"You better," he says with a smile.

"I'm so glad you brought this up because I was really starting to get worried about us." I say and reach for my purse. I pull out a small notebook. "I searched for some local marriage counselors and wrote down the ones with good reviews......"

"Counselors?" he asks, looking taken aback.

"Well .... yah.... I thought...."

"Don't you think it's a little too soon for counselors?"

"Too soon.... What do you mean by that?"

"I'd assume people go to counselors after all else fails, like they need to recognize that there is a problem in their marriage first.... like we are doing now. Then talk about it, see if they can fix it themselves......if they fail to fix it, then seek a counselor."

"Oh.... I .... I just.... I thought...." I stammer feeling shocked. Sam isn't the talking type. If there was anything he's good at in our relationship, it's avoiding serious conversations. "I'm glad you want to talk."