Chapter 12

I squeeze her against my body, she pushes me back into the apartment, against the wall and starts pushing my shirt up. Thankfully, I can think straight.... well at least I'm trying. I don't want to do what I did last time I was with her. I'll practice restraint tonight, especially that she seems drunk.

"Wait ..... wait." I say holding her hands.

She jolts back from me and looks away as if regretting her actions.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." She apologizes.

"No no no don't apologize ..... I just want to make sure you are okay."

She looks at me with raised brows. She seems taken aback by my question.

"Are you okay?" I ask again.

"Of course I'm okay, why would I not be, okay?" She asks defensively, maybe even a little angry. She looks at the kitchen counter where my half bottle of vodka is sitting.

"Do I not look okay to you?" She asks walking to the counter. She refills the cup I left next to the bottle and chugs it down like water.

"I came here hoping we could fuck without you asking questions about me being okay or not. I don't need you to care about me."

"I don't care," I lie.

"Then why are you asking?"

I look at her for a moment. The things I could do to her. Just to hear that she came here to fuck me has my cock stirring in my pants.

"Well," I say walking toward her. I stand so close to her, our bodies almost touching. I look into her eyes and rub her cheek lightly. She swallows uneasily. I like that I have that effect on her.

"I love your intention for coming here." I press my lips lightly, teasingly on hers and whisper, "I'd like to fuck you hard Hailee......," her brown eyes are intoxicating. She's fucking sexy. God! I want to rip her jacket off, bend her over, and fuck her hard. My dick stirs in my pants. My pajamas are loose with nothing to hold my excited dick in place. I need to stop this now. I sigh deeply, calming my libido, "but fucking drunk women, has never been my thing." I add and move away from her.

"I'm not drunk!"

"Yes, you are," I say and open the fridge. I grab a bottle of water and hand it to her. "If you want me to fuck you... sober up."

"No, I'm not going to fuck you! I'm going home asshole!"

She takes a few steps toward the door but quickly turns back.

"Men like you don't give a fuck wether a woman is drunk or not. So don't use me having a little drink as an excuse! Just be a man and tell me you won't fuck me because I don't look like those supermodels you prance around your office."

"I'm not fucking you because you're drunk." I say calmly.

"Fuck you, Stiles!"

She walks out and slums the door. I wait a moment thinking she'll come back, but she doesn't. I grab my winter Jacket, hat, and put my shoes on quickly and follow her.

I don't know much about Hailee besides the fact that I like her so much. For all I know, she could be an alcoholic or crazy. But there is a big part of me that feels bad for her. I feel like she's sad, maybe even lonely.

'I don't know.'

Is the answer she gave me when I asked her if there was a place she would rather be that night outside the rooftop bar. She looked like she had been crying. It left me thinking. What happily married person wouldn't say, home, as a place they'd rather be when caught in an uncomfortable environment...... or was I thinking too much into it because I like her. I have a soft spot for Hailee, a little bit of an obsession too..... for a while now. She doesn't know..... nobody knows. But that's a story for another day.

After ten minutes of searching Hoboken streets and calling her nonstop, I find her sitting on a waterfront walkway bench. Her face is buried in her hands. She's crying. I know the crying is not about the outburst in my apartment...... or about me, there's more to it.

I sit down next to her, quietly. After about a minute. She turns her head and notices me.

"Oh no!" She cries and squeezes her forehead. "You didn't have to follow me. I'm so sorry, I don't know what got into me. I didn't mean anything I said, I'm just going through......stuff and it was wrong for me to take it out on you," she sighs, "I'm sorry Stiles, please forget any of that happened.... I'm fucking losing my mind." She adds wiping her tears.

"Hey," I say putting her face in my hands so she can look at me. "Shh shh," I say wiping her tears with my thumb.

"Do you want to know something...... when I said I don't care if you're okay, I lied. I care..... a lot."

She looks at my face searchingly tears running down her face. "Take a deep breath." She hesitates
"Please," I add. She breaths in and out a few times. I smile at her and rub the last trickles of her tears. I stand and stretch out my hand to her.

"Walk with me, please."