Volume 1 Chapter 6 - Operation FPP

While most of the class spent their free time studying for the upcoming midterms, a few students refused to participate in the tutoring sessions Hirata had organised. 

These students were namely Ike, Yamauchi and Sudou, who also happened to be the three that needed tutoring most. Kushida and a few others tried to support them, but their goodwill was mostly ignored.

Miharu and I also firmly established that we would not be helping any students who had been slacking off during the first month. It's a harsh stance, but we decided it's the best way for them to learn a harsh lesson.

Matsushita has recently been chatting with us more frequently and asking us for advice, so we decided to invite her over for dinner one night for a long conversation. We had already began cooking when she knocked on the door.

I opened the door to find her fidgeting around nervously.

"Hey, Matsushita."

"Heya, Ayanokouji-kun. uh, it smells nice in there."

"That's just whatever Miharu's making in the kitchen."

I waved my hand inside, prompted for her to enter, but she seemed somewhat hesitant.

"Is something wrong?"

"Um, I guess it's just the first time I've been invited over to a guy's room..."

"I see. Trust me, although the room is in my name, it's definitely a girl's room."

Matsushita appeared perplexed by my response, but nonetheless she entered and made her way to the dining area.

"Ah, that makes sense," her puzzlement quickly morphed into amusement. The dining room alone was full of candles and pink decorations that Miharu had installed without my permission.

"Welcome to our humble abode!" She called out from the kitchen. An enticing aroma permeated the room, and the comforting sizzling of a frying pan also added to the atmosphere. Matsushita quickly made herself at home.

"So you two pretty much live like a couple, huh?" She didn't seem too surprised.

"I suppose you could say that."

"Does Hasegawa-san sleep here overnight?"

"...On the couch."

Matsushita just giggled and didn't press any further. The function properly began once we were all seated at the table.

"So, what do you guys think about the situation with the Three Idiots? It's likely all three of them are gonna be expelled at this rate," she instantly delved into class matters. Miharu sighed.

"If we tried our best, they could probably get a solid passing mark, but I honestly don't feel like saving them that much."

Matsushita was shocked by Miharu's lack of empathy.

"Really? I get how they treat you, but that sounds kinda cold," she thankfully isn't afraid voice her honest opinion.

"Also, what the hell? These noodles are the best thing I've eaten all year!"