Not This Again

Nessa hummed quietly to the classical music that was playing in the background as she played with the different types of flowers around her, she was at flower shop that was owned by her grandmother and grandfather. 

"I'm glad you're here, darling." Her grandmother smiled as she walked out from the back. 

Her grandmother was a fragile small lady who always found a reason to smile in any situation, her hair was white and was always put into nice hairstyles, she was the total opposite of her grandfather. 

"I am too, grandma." She smiled, making her way towards her she threw an arm over her grandmother's weak shoulders. "How are you doing?" 

"I'm doing fine, honey." 

Nessa removed her arm and moved to a picture that held her grandparents. "How's grandpa?" 

"I'm better as I'll ever be, baby!" Her grandfather boomed throughout the shop, dancing his way towards Nessa. 

Her grandfather could be easily confused with Santa Claus but with a weird mustache instead of a beard. He had a round belly and jolly smile that brighten up any room he entered, he loved to dance. That's how he got Nessa's grandmother's attention so she was told. He had had an intimidating appearance which explains why he was in the army back in the day but the moment you meet him he's as sweet as can be. 

"Grandpa!" Nessa gushed, hugging him tightly. "I missed you!" 

"I missed you too." He smiled, kissing the top of her head. "So where's this fiance of yours?" He asked, pulling away while looking down at her. 

She raised an eyebrow. "What?" 

Suddenly the door opened and their attention was glued on the person who came in, it was Eric. He awkwardly stared back and then waved.

"Goodafternoon everyone." He greeted, making his way to them. "Hello ma'am, I'm Eric." He smiled, gently shaking her hands in his but instead she pulled him into a tight hug. 

"Oh hello Eric, I remember you! Last time I saw you you just graduated high school. Call me grandma Tiffany." She smiled, pulling away. 

He looked surprised that she actually remembered him, he never got to formally meet her because he never got the chance to meet them long enough to introduce themselves, he then moved to her grandfather who easily towered over him, an intimidating look on his face.  

"Good afternoon sir, I'm Eric." He quietly said, offering his hand to him to shake. 

Her grandfather squinted his eyes towards him, not bothering to look at his hand. 

Eric gulped and smiled nervously. 

Suddenly the big man wrapped his arms around Eric, squishing him. "Call me grandpa Joe."  

Eric nodded quickly as he let go of him. "Alright." 

Nessa cocked an eyebrow at how kind her grandparents were towards Eric, all she talked to them about him was how horrible he was. She crossed her arms over her chest as she watched her grandmother gush over of how handsome he was. 

"Thank you." He smiled while his cheeks burnt red. 

"Alright darling, that's enough." Grandpa Joe interrupted, resting an arm over her shoulder. 

Eric looked over at Nessa and raised an eyebrow in confusion. She stuck her tongue out at him and he did the same as they both glared at each other. 

"When's the big day?" Grandma Tiffany asked with a glimmer of joy in her eye. 

"June 15." Nessa answered, breaking the glare she had on Eric.