Duke The Dog

Nessa laughed loudly as 'Friends' played on the tv, she was sending Lillian the pictures of the bouquets they made yesterday and lounging in a fuzzy pajama set while her hair was split into two messy braids. After signing the papers and getting her mouth swabbed with a Q tip, she went back to the car and began to impatiently wait for the results if she could donate which would come in about couple of hours. But once she got home, she was already sound asleep and once again Eric had to carry her into her room tucking her in nicely. 

It was 12 o'clock in the afternoon and Nessa was having the time of her life staying home. She continued to snort loudly at the show. When the door opened and a huge dog jumped onto her lap, making her scream loudly. 

"Down, boy!" She heard a voice say, knowing exactly who it was. 

As the dog moved to the floor Nessa quickly turned around and glared at Eric. "We're not allowed pets here! I could get kicked out!" 

"Don't worry, no one saw." Eric told her, falling onto the couch. 

She rolled her eyes. "Who wouldn't be able to see him?" Her hands gestured to the gigantic dog was laying down. "He's huge!" 

"Shh, I love this episode!" He placed a hand on her face to make her quiet. 

She moved his hand away from her face harshly. "Why are you here anyway?" 

"Why not?" 

"For a month you've been ignoring me now suddenly we're all buddy buddy again?" She asked, throwing her hands in the air. 

"Look Young, I feel bad so..." He covered his mouth with his hand. "I'msorry." 

Nessa moved closer to him, a smug smile forming on her face. "You're what? I didn't hear that." 

He glared at her and sighed. "I'msorryforbeingajerk." 

"I don't think you're speaking English, Hamilton." 

"I hate you." He groaned, flicking her forehead. " I'm sorry for being such a jerk lately." 

Nessa gasped loudly and dramatically. "You're sorry?" 

"Yes, Young." 

She placed her hands on her heart. "Aw, you're so sweet." Her hands reached for his cheeks as she was about to pinch them tightly when he slapped her hands away. 

"Don't you dare." He pointed at her, moving away. 

Nessa smiled. "Well, I forgive you." 

He stood up. "Now that's over, I'm taking you to the beach with me so we can take Duke for a walk." 

"Right now?" She questioned, looking down at her attire. 

"Yes right now so hurry up. You have 15 minutes before Duke craps all over your apartment." 

Nessa groaned loudly, jumping off the couch and into her bedroom. 

***

As Nessa jumped into the backseat of Eric's car, she was already in a simple black bikini under white loose dress that was above her knees. She threw her hair into a messy bun and placed sunglasses over her eyes and tan flip flops . With the time she had, she chucked as much as she could into her beach bag hoping that nothing was forgotten. 

Eric blasted music throughout the car, rolling down all the windows to let Duke hang his head out. Nessa quietly sang along to the 90's music that Eric was surprisingly playing. Eric was also singing but much louder than Nessa, making her giggle as he sang badly. 

"Who's Duke's owner anyway?" Nessa shouted over the music. 

"He's my cousin's dog, she wanted to relax for a day so she asked me to dog sit for a day." He ran a hand down Duke's hairy back.