Cake

Nessa caught her breath as she stared at Eric in sadness. "What's going to happen now?" 

He sighed, letting his head fall into his hands. "I don't know." 

She clenched her jaw and than chewed on her bottom lip. "I mean, I could-" 

Eric's neck snapped up as he glowered at her, his body towering over hers. "Don't you dare!" 

"Eric, let me help." 

"I don't need your help, Young! Stop budding into my life." He shouted angrily, his eyes almost looking watery as he turned around and stomping out towards the door than slamming it loudly. 

***

"Ohh! I love this one!" Lillian gushed, pointing at the red velvet slice of cake.  

Nessa was just finished making three different options of small cakes for the wedding and so far Lillian was loving all the cakes. Will wasn't able to show up because of another Biology research trip he had to go on for a week. 

Nessa laughed lightly as she watched her friend devour the slice of cake with a grin plastered on her face. "You've said that for all three of them." 

"Have I?" She asked with a mouth full of cake. "Can you make all three then?"

"Are you crazy, Lil?" 

"Yes." 

"I'm not making that much cake." 

"I love cake."

Nessa rolled her eyes and laughed. "Lil, choose one." 

She pouted and looked down at the cakes than tasted all them again. "Red velvet." 

"Alright." Nessa sighed, sitting down beside Lil taking her fork as she began eating the slices of cakes. 

"Eric's on his way." Lillian told her as she looked down at her phone. 

Nessa didn't bother to answer, it's been weeks since they last talked when he stormed out of her apartment. They decided to work alone on the wedding as they just texted each other instead of hanging out, it was better for them. 

Lillian looked over at Nessa than raised an eyebrow. "Are you guys okay?" 

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked as she continued to keep herself occupied with the chocolate cake 

"You guys haven't been hanging out for a while." 

"We never hung out in the first place." 

Lillian scoffed. "Bs, Nes." 

"Whatever." Nessa sighed as she made her way to the kitchen, she reached for two cups filling them both up with water. 

Suddenly she heard the door open and she knew it was Eric. She prepared herself as she walked back into the living room, placing the cups on the table. Her eyes glued to the floor not daring to meet with Eric's, she tried her best to ignore his presence. 

Lillian raised an eyebrow as she looked between them, feeling the tension in the air. "Uh Nes, Eric is here." 

She nodded, turning the tv on.

Lillian glared at Eric, nudging him roughly in the side as she gestured over to Nessa. 

"Hey Young." He greeted . 

"Hey." She greeted back abruptly, her eyes still fixated on the tv. 

They continued to remain silent doing their own things while Lillian looked between them, a frustrated look on her face.