"Sarafina Hampton"

I braced myself as Charlotte tightened my corset, sucking in my breathe and standing up even straighter.
"Serafina, please" My mother protested. "Maybe if your posture remained so refined we just might get you a suitor by summer"
I rolled my eyes, "Mama!"
"Would you please stay still?" Charlotte said quietly as she finished lacing up the corset.
"Sorry Charlotte" I said, placing my hands on my hips as I looked at the dress in the mirror. It was beautiful truly but it felt plain?
Once Charlotte was done with me, she placed her hands on my shoulders in order to smooth out any and all wrinkles. "I can't have you looking like a ruffion under my care" She chuckled. "Your mother would have my neck"
"Sapphires!" Mama exclaimed as she walked back into the room bearing a beautiful necklace draped across her wrist. "Come, They're the family jewels," She beckoned me to turn around so she could clasp the necklace around my neck. "Your father gave these to me while he was courting me, They look just as wonderful now as they did then" She said, smiling down at me.

I stepped out of the carriage, gently holding onto the side for balance. "Where's father?" I asked quietly.
"Probably at the club again" Mama said back, smiling and waving at everyone. She was the duchess of Hampton, and I was her only child, the sole heir.
"Your Grace!" Violet Bridgerton exclaimed as she saw us, her own daughter Daphne was also getting presented at court today. "Sarafina," She greeted, tipping her head to me. I responded in turn dipping my head to acknowledge her sign of respect.
"Daphne is looking quite beautiful today Miss Bridgerton" I smiled. "The Queen will be mighty impressed"
"You have taught her well your Grace" Miss Bridgerton said to Mama.
"Where are the rest of the children? Miss Bridgerton, The viscount? Eloise?" Mama said, attempting to look over the crowd.
"They're around" Miss Bridgerton chuckled, waving her hand about. "Perhaps trying to cause as much mischief as possible."
"Have you read Lady Whistledown's latest pamphlet? she's already struck the Featherington's" I asked, resisting the urge to smile, Penelope was truly wonderful company but Prudence and Phillipia were downright odd...

I rubbed my hands along my dress, smoothing out wrinkles and wiping the sweat from my hands before I put on my gloves. My heart was racing, it hadn't been a good idea not to eat beforehand, the good idea would've  just to breathe but I was obviously breathing. I pressed my fingers to the necklace mother had given me, I closed my eyes and slipped my gloves on, for soon it would be my turn.
"Sarafina Hampton, escorted by Leona Hampton"
Good God.
"Remember, pleasant smiles, shoulder straight and do not rise until you are told."
I took a shuddering breath and opened my eyes. I placed my hands at my sides, not to open indicating sloppy posture, but also not tensed to keep from looking stiff.
I took step after step, right in front of left, just as we had practiced. The queen stared me down as I walked toward her, eloquently, elegantly. Once I had gotten around six feet from her. I bowed low, keeping the smile on my face. Fixating my eyes upon a painting behind Her Majesty in order to keep my balance.
"Rise" The queen said, that one word, the way she said it could decide my future.
I straightened my back and smiled. "Your Majesty, It is a great honour to be presented in your court today"
She offered a smile. "You possess much grace Lady Hampton. You did well"
I took in another breath, did that just happen? I calmed my heartbeat, It wasn't that bad honestly. I took breath after breath as I walked back down the aisle, smiling to myself and Mama when I caught the eye of a certain Bridgerton. The Viscount of all of them.

-Authors Note-
So there will definitely be one of these at the end of every chapter, but I just wanted to ask what the thoughts were? Every chapter will be approximately 800 words I don't want to drag them on and I also want to make it easier to write if that makes sense? I've got great plans truly.
-With Love, Slythtpsq0c -