"I suppose I must work a bit harder then."

"Her Majesty invites you inside now." The herald says, opening the doors, they were easily twice as tall as the ones at my own home.
    "I am truly honoured your Majesty" I said, bowing low in front of her.
    "I see you still possess the very grace I praised you for Lady Hampton" The Queen said, smiling, she gestured to the couch in front of her. "Sit." The table in front of us was filled with cakes, biscuits and tea of course.
The man sitting next to her was incredibly good looking if I'm being honest. He was wearing a suit of royal blue, adorned with silver medals, His bright blonde hair perfectly brought out his bright blue eyes.
"As you can see, the man sitting next to me is my nephew, Fredrich the prince of Prussia" Her Majesty added.
"It is truly a pleasure to meet you lady Hampton, your dress is splendid" He said, flashing a smile of perfectly white teeth.
"The pleasure is all mine, My Prince" I replied, flashing a smile of my own. I took a drink of my tea and noticed him staring.
"So Madame, what is it you wish to see in a husband?" Fredrich asked, trying to fill the silence.
"I wish to find a kind, loyal husband, someone who will jest with me, someone polite. Someone who will love me, I want a love marriage." I said politely, setting my saucer down.
"I suppose I must work a bit harder then." Fredrich jests.
"I suppose so," I smiled.

"How was your meeting with the Queen?" Daphne asked excitedly as she sat on her bed.
"He's so sweet, and kind. And I think we will be a wonderful couple. I believe in time I can learn to love him and him me" I droned. I think we will be a great match, he is everything I am searching for and it will bring great prospects to my family.
"Oh it seems you're in love already" She chuckled.
"He's a beautiful man as well, he's got blonde curls and blue eyes and, he's truly wonderful" I smiled, dreaming of the life we might have, beautiful blonde curled babies running around a wonderfully large estate. "He said he wished to me my escort to the Trowbridge ball, he wanted to dance with me, he said however long it takes he will 'woo' me"
"Ah, the joys of having a courtship damn near written in stone" Daphne sighed.
"How are you and the duke? Or is 'Simon' to you now?" I smirked, raising an eyebrow.
She blushed slightly. "We almost touched hands the other day at the art gallery."
"Oh my gosh! How scandalous!" I gasped.
"I know, and I am simply so scared because what if he decides he doesn't wish to love me anymore then what?'
"Why wouldn't he wish to marry?" I asked incredulously. Who wouldn't want to marry Daphne?
"Something about a vow?" She scoffed. "I don't truly know, I wish he could tell me, so that I may help him"
"Sometimes, as much as we wish to help others, some people just don't wish to be helped." I mumbled.

"Mama, this is too tight around my bosom. How am I to wear it comfortably?" I asked, turning around in the mirror, smoothing it out and checking to make sure every flaw or imperfection is solved. It was a royal blue, honestly the 'sapphire of the season' charade was making my dress collection awfully boring.
"That is the point Dear, have you found your gloves?" My hair had been braided into a beautiful updo, almost looking like a bun with a braided crown. "You will look wonderful in a crown," Mama said as she looked at me in the mirror.
She placed the beautiful sapphire necklace around my neck. "It suits you more than it ever did me." She whispered, she placed her chin on my shoulder. "You are beautiful"
"Thank you mama"

"I'm glad you came," Fredrich said as he offered his hand to help me out of my carriage.
"Of course I would, why would I pass on an opportunity to see you," I smiled. I pulled my dress up slightly so as to not trip up the stairs. He offered me his arm, taking it, and we walked into the ball.
I met the eyes of many envious women, either glaring at me or flat out ignoring me. It's alright. "You mustn't be nervous, for the royalty and their partner are to take the first dance. As King George is ill, that is us" He whispered, his warm breath tickled the side of my throat as he smiled.
"Oh of course, I wouldn't dream of it" I whispered back, I searched the crowd for Daphne, Ah, there she was. Simon and her were looking around pointing and laughing, yes. They would make a wonderful pair.
We stepped onto the dance floor, he grabbed my hand and pressed my knuckle to his lips, his eyes hadn't left mine, not once. This is one of the most stressful moments of my life, I thought with a sigh.
It had only felt as though we danced for a second as he twirled me around the dance floor, just us.
"I have a gift for you" He said once our dance ended.
"Oh, I do not need any gifts, my prince," I said graciously.
He cleared his throat and snapped his fingers, two guards emerged from the crowd holding a jewel encrusted box. "It's another necklace, one made of sapphires and diamonds, for you are both the diamond and sapphire in my life. I truly believe that we can learn to love each other as you so wish, I feel it now as I look into your beautiful blue eyes. We may not have know each other but a few weeks but I believe deep in my heart that I love you"
"My prince-" I said, practically speechless, it was beginning to feel that way, could i love him? I think I could learn to love him, more than anything. More than . . . Bridgerton, who looked at me from the balcony, his gaze not sorrowful, not pitying. But it's cold.
"My name is Fredrich. Miss Sarafina Hampton, will you do me the honour of being my wife?"

-authors note-
Do you think Sarafina should say yes? Or should she wait for someone who clearly doesn't love her right?
Much love!
Slythtpsq0c 💕