"I have need for your engagement ring mother"

"Sarafna, you must come out of your room, it's been a week" Charlotte said, knocking on her door, I threw a second of Lady Whistledown's many pamphlets across my room. It was true, I hadn't left my room besides going to the bathroom. It wasn't my room though, my room was across the hall. This was the duchess's room; my mothers room. We threw out the sheets that were stained with her blood, but that doesn't make it feel any better.
"I have no need, Perhaps I shall be a spinster" I shouted back. Frederick's love letters were scattered in a circle in my bed. I had been reading them all over and over again. Remembering, reading how in love with me he was. It hurt all the more, he didn't deserve the public shame, embarrassment. He deserved the kind of love he gives, one that is kind.
Anthony's kind of love is all consuming, where Fredricks love is water, Anthony's is an all consuming inferno. I cannot bear to go out into public after I turned down the prince.
"Anthony is here Your Grace," Charlotte said through the door.
"I do not wish to see anyone" I responded, pulling my knees to my chest.
"I am here anyways" Anthony said, opening the door and setting his hat down on the table by the door.
"Your Grace, I tried to keep him out" Charlotte said.
"Do not worry Charlotte, he is very crass" I said, crossing my arms. "Hello Anthony" I said, he was dressed in a suit as normal. I don't know what made it feel different.
"How are you Sarafina? Mother has been worried for you, so has Eloise" He said, crossing his arms across his chest.
"Have you been worried for me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.
"Of course I have, but this is not about me" Anthony said, taking strides across the room. He stopped by my bedside.
"What is it you said to me? 'Oh save it sarafina, everything is about you' it seems there is nothing we can agree on." I scoffed.
"Sarafina, come on, I did not mean it like that" Anthony began.
"Did you mean what you said on my wedding day?" I asked. "Or was it all a lie?"
"Why would I lie to you about that? I truly love you Sarafina" Anthony said, sitting down on my bed.
"I love you Anthony" I said. I pressed my lips to Anthony's softly at first, deepening the kiss, running my fingers through his hair as he tipped my face to kiss softly down my throat and coming back up to my mouth.
"Marry me" Anthony said into my throat. "Marry me Sarafina" He kissed me again. "I wish to spend the rest of my live loving you. Marry me"
"I just left a wedding" I whispered.
"And I wish to throw you another one, grander than the last" Anthony says.
"What would the ton say?" I ask.
"Why do you care what they think? They are no more than wealthy gossips" Anthony says, he grabbed my hands and pressed a kiss to each of my knuckles. "Come with me, we can go to my mother, we can get married."
"Because I am a duchess, what they think will affect my status" I answer.
"You shall also be a viscountess, they will learn to deal with it" He says. "After you get dressed, we will go to my home, our home. Together"

"I am glad you get to marry the one you love" Charlotte says, tightening my corset. She laced up the ribbons quickly.
"I do not know if we are to marry" I say, looking at the mirror.
"Why would you not?" Charlotte asks. She chuckles. "You two will make beautiful babies" I laughed.
"I do not even wish to think of the wedding itself let alone making babies" I chuckled as I put on my gloves.
"Are you ready my dear?" Anthony smiled, putting out his arm. I hooked his arm with mine. He smiled at me.
"Yes I suppose" I joked.

"Oh Sarafina, I am glad you are alright" Violet said, hugging me. "You are beautiful as always." She smiled and patted my shoulders. "Hello Anthony, is everything alright?"
"I have news" Anthony said. "I have need for your engagement ring mother"
"You have finally found a woman?" Violet asked, she looked between me and Athony and then again. "Oh God!" She exclaimed. "Finally, Lady Danbury told me I was crazy"
"Sarafina and I are engaged." I smiled, looking down at the ground, this is embarrassing.