"It seems yet another beautiful woman has put Dear old Colin in his place."

"I wrote a letter to the Bridgerton boy,"
    "Mama, what do you mean?" I asked, sitting up straight and alarmed honestly.
    "You seem to have garnered his affection. We mustn't waste this opportunity." Mama said, folding her hands in her lap as she sat down. "This could very well be your chance to marry someone of status"
    "He does not love me" I exclaimed. I took a deep breath and looked around my drawing room.
    "That does not matter," Mama snapped. "You must get your head out of the clouds and face reality."
    I felt tears building up, threatening to overflow, I must be married off like an item, to someone that does not love me, does not know me, and my Mama doesn't care. "May I be excused?" I asked, not even awaiting her approval. I stood up and left, yet again.

    "Thank you so very much for extending the invitation to all my children" Violet said as she took a drink of her tea.
    "It was truly my pleasure," Mama said. I felt outwardly, like I was only watching the entire world go on without me. The chattering of Daphne and Benedict faded into the background. My entire future had been decided. So I sit here, playing the part so eloquently handed to me by my mother.
    "Try some tea dear" Mama said, placing a hand on the bare skin of my shoulder. I took the saucer in my hands, trying to ignore the shaking I could feel beginning to worsen. The tea began sloshing about the cup as I began to lift it to my lips.
    The pain in my hands as I dropped the tea cup increased, seeing as I now have burns, covering my hands. "It hurts" I hissed, trying to hold my hands into my waist, almost hoping it would lessen the pain.
    Anthony ripped his neckcloth off and began to pry my hands from one another. It seems I must face reality. Reality was my hands were burning, the one time Marie makes tea hot I suppose.
    "Lady Hampton? Lady Hampton Look at me" He said, he could've been searching me for an answer, I don't care much at this point. My eyes remain fixated on the shards of broken glass, littering the ground around my shoes. "I am to take her to the kitchen to run some cold water on them"
    Everything feels strange, it's almost as if I'm floating on air, watching Anthony wrap my hands in his neckcloth and walk me to the kitchen. I cannot remember my reaction, does it hurt?
    "Lady Hampton, I beg you. Please look at me" Anthony pleaded, he grabbed a cup of cold water. (Where he got that from, I have no idea) And dumped it onto my burns.
    "Oh my god" I gasped, the cold water pulled me back in. It felt almost as if the world turned upside down than righted itself again.
    "Look at me please" Anthony asked again. His hands were gentle as he unwrapped his neck cloth from my hands.
    "I cannot," I said, shaking my head, clearing it of such fantasies. Of loving this man who cannot and will not love me back.
    He placed his hand on my chin, tipping it towards him slightly. "Why can't you?" He asked, his voice was quiet, breathy even. I looked to his eyes, only to find them staring, searching for mine. The fiery inferno was back, and stronger than before as he looked at me. I swallowed and watched as he ran his tongue over his bottom lip.
    "You're beautiful" He said, pressing his forehead to mine, his nose and lips brushing the side of my face.
    "This is wrong . . . we are ..." My words trail off as he pressed his lips to the inside of my throat. It felt as if my skin were on fire all over again, everywhere he pressed his lips.
    "Unchaperoned? Unmarried?" He whispered against the skin of my throat.
    "Yes," I said, leaning into his touch.
    "Oh my god" Daphne gasped, I ripped myself away from Anthony. Daphne's mouth is open and she looks absolutely appalled.
    "Please, Daphne," I pleaded. "It is not as you think, do not say a word I beg of you"
    "I could never." Daphne said.

    "Would you wish to go to the pond?" I asked Hyacinth. She nodded. "It's truly beautiful, there's a dock and so many lily pads. Go ask your siblings if they wish to come." I laughed as she ran away yelling for her siblings.
    "You're going to the pond?" Mama asked. "You haven't been there since you were a babe-"
    "When my father took me. Yes I know Mama" I muttered.

    "The pond truly is beautiful" Eloise said, she was sitting next to me on the dock, scribbling in a notebook. Ever since it happened, the single thing that constantly consumed my mind, and my thoughts; Was Anthony's lips on my throat. "Why don't you go in with everyone else? I'm alright here on my own if that's what you're thinking"
    "Everybody needs somebody" I smiled, Eloise was kind and beautiful, she had a mind of her own. It was truly admirable.
    She pursed her lips and did something so unexpected I almost had a heart attack. She pushed me in.
    I hit the water hard, swimming up and sputtering for air. I started treading water. "You bastard!" I shouted as I began to laugh. "You're awful Eloise Bridgerton, Are you cackling?" I asked incredulously.

"The opinions of men should not concern you Francesca" I said, rolling my eyes. "Especially at your age, You have not even debuted yet. Let yourself be yourself until you must be bound by the rules of society."
"The rules of society?" Colin scoffed. "You act as if we aren't some of the most respected families in the city"
"Respect is not equivalent to freedom Mr. Bridgerton. I wouldn't expect you to know that because you, as the man you are, will always have freedom. You are neither the eldest or the woman so you will be fine." I snapped, taking a drink of my tea and rolling my eyes slightly.
    Eloise cackled from across the room. "It seems yet another beautiful woman has put Dear old Colin in his place."
"That much we can agree on" I added, raising a brow.
"But what if I do not get married?" Fransesca groaned. "What if I am to be a spinster my entire life?"
"Then we shall be spinsters together, and Eloise too" I laughed.
"Rather a spinster than a married woman with no mind of her own" Eloise shrugged.
"Eloise!" Fransesca groaned, hiding her face with her gloves. "You're not making this any less stressful!"
"You mustn't think of it as a thing of stress, this is something to be hopeful of, to hope for love and children" I smiled, grabbing her hand and squeezing it.

-authors note-
What do we think of Mr Bridgertons actions towards Miss Hampton?
With love
Slythtpsq0c 💕