56 : Husband-Wifey

CHAPTER 56

AUTHOR'S POV

Kennedy was trying really hard to find Lucas but he failed at every point. He looked in every possible place where there were chances of finding him yet nothing. 

To him it felt like Lucas Knight had just vanished. 

He had checked the cameras near the building but couldn't find a clue. Lucas exited the building he used to stay in but he never came back. There were thousands of vehicles but none of them were suspicious. Kennedy was literally clueless at this point of time. 

But he had doubts on Xavier. All the incidents were again and again reminding him of a person named Rafael Martinez who once fooled him so brilliantly that even after knowing who the killer was, Kennedy didn't have any proof against him. 

Xavier reminded him of Rafael. But Xavier is not Rafael, Rafael was a mafia leader… so Kennedy was trying to reach for that one mistake that Xavier had made. One mistake which will bring Xavier down. 

In order to find the mistake he has been spying on him since last night. But Xavier didn't leave his house even for once last night and this morning when Kennedy followed Xavier only to find his destination to be a church. 

Kennedy waited the whole time Xavier was inside the church. When he came out, Kennedy came in front of him. 

A smirk playing on his lips while Xavier on the other hand was confused to see him. 

“Detective?” He asked, cluelessly but Kennedy knew this oblivious nature. 

“I didn't expect you to be a religious guy.”

Xavier chuckled “I can be unpredictable at times.”

“I know it's you, Xavier. There is something going on in your mind and you also have Lucas.”

Xavier raised both his hands in a defensive manner “I do not.”

“Don't lie to me!”

“Promise. I do not have Lucas…” He leaned closer to him and whispered in his ears “anymore.”

“What do you mean?” 

Xavier took out the pack of cigarettes from Kennedy's shirt pocket. 

“Let's chill out.” Saying he made his way towards his car. He leaned against his car, lighting up a cigarette. Kennedy couldn't understand this behaviour of Xavier, he was calm and composed after being blamed for a murder. 

He went to Xavier and stood beside him, leaning his back against the car. 

Xavier offered him a cigarette. 

“I'll tell you a story. There were two brothers, one of age 14 and the other of age 10. The younger one wanted to play guitar, you can say that he wanted to be a successful guitarist. So he took guitar classes. In a few days, his guitar teacher became a really good friend of his.”

Kennedy turned his head towards Xavier who had his head held up, staring at the sky while exhaling the smoke. 

“But it seems like there are no good people in this world and goodness is just a word. The child was being raped by the guitar teacher frequently. He used to brutally assault the 10 year old kid. One day it got so bad that the kid couldn't walk anymore so he had to tell his parents.”

He scoffed as he remembered the time when he told his Mum about him being raped. Mum told Dad and he did nothing. Mum asked him to forget whatever happened. 

“His Dad didn't get him justice because for his Dad, reputation mattered the most. How can he say it publicly that my kid was raped? So the 14 year old brother had to take a stand for the kid. They went to beat the shit out of that man but it was like a win one moment and the next moment for the kid everything just destroyed.”