CHRISTMAS

published: 6-24-2024

The precinct was decorated for Alyssa's favorite time of the year, Christmas. When she was undercover, it was the one day a year she could stop and visit her friends and family.

Alyssa had gifted each member of the 99 a present (except for Holt, he didn't like presents), for example, she got Rosa a fancy knife with different techniques on how to stab people with it.

Jake strolled in, looking cheery. "You look happy," Amy noted Jake's grins. "Let me guess, your egg sandwich fell on the floor and they gave it to you for free."

Alyssa spun over on her chair just as Jake sat down. "Here's your present, Jake," Alyssa handed him a rectangular package.

He ripped it open and squealed like a little girl, "A Bruce Willis autograph from Die Hard?!" Jake shrieked. "I will cherish this forever." He promised Alyssa.

"I feel bad, I didn't get you a present." Jake sighed, but Alyssa waved a hand at him.

Jake and Alyssa both glanced at Amy, who was making one of six presents for Captain Holt. "You do realize he doesn't want presents, right?" Alyssa checked.

Amy rolled her eyes, "He never said that."

Captain Holt stepped up and announced, "Excuse me, everyone. As you may know, this is the holiday season.  detectives sometimes feel the urge to buy their captains holiday presents. Please refrain from doing so. Under no circumstances do I want a present."

Holt called Alyssa and Jake into his office.

~~~

"Thank you for joining us, detectives," Holt said as Alyssa and Jake sat down. "This is Deputy Chief Gerber."

They shook hands while jake began joking about Christmas.

Gerber interrupted, "Captain Holt has been receiving a number of death threats." He informed the detectives, who gaped.

Holt shrugged it off, "Captains receive threats all the time. It's really no big deal." assured Holt.

"Totally," Alyssa lied, pretty worried.

Jake chimed in, "I mean, why would a death threat be a big deal?" He asked sarcastically. "Oh that's right, 'cause it threatens death."

Captain Holt simply replied, "It's a hoax. I didn't want to alarm the squad. So, please, keep this between us."

Alyssa and Jake nodded.

Gerber continued, "Well, it may be a hoax, but protocol dictates that Captain Holt have a security detail with him at all times. He's chosen you both for that detail."

Jake looked from Gerber to Holt, "Interesting. And not at all surprising. I'm his favorite," He boasted, "Tell me, what would this job entail?"

"You'll be assigned to Captain Holt. You'll be entirely in control of his movements. He will not leave your sight. You have the authority to make decisions that you feel are in the best interest of his safety." Gerber informed the detectives.

The detectives looked at each other, trying not to freak out over the power they had..

Gerber finished, "Basically you'll be completely in charge."

Alyssa cleared her throat, "Sounds tough," She lied, "But of course, we accept, and we will be willing to put our lives at risk for this man to have to follow all of my orders."

Jake grinned as we left, "Thank you! This is the best Christmas ever! God bless us, everyone!"

~~~

Captain Holt was typing away at his computer while Jake and Alyssa were sitting behind him, making serious and dramatic faces.