66

There was no funeral for Brad, just a small potluck gathering at Linda's home. He hadn't had many, if any friends, instead leaving behind a wake of emotional turmoil and traumatized former partners. His body was sent up north to a facility that specialized in Human Composting, something he'd shared with Brooke his desire for during their marriage and even had pre-paid for the service a few years prior. Once his body had composted, Linda would receive the soil and use it to plant a rose garden in his memory.

Cisco had closed the shop for two weeks to allow the staff to grieve and collect themselves, paying them their average biweekly pay during the downtime. This also allowed him to handle business needs and prepare the shop for the eventual rebranding. He repaid Bill and Linda for the remaining balance of the loan that Brad had convinced them to take out to open the shop and as a token of kindness, set up trust funds for Brad's children which was sadly more than Brad would have done in life.

The shop reopened, the first weekend all proceeds from the tattoos and piercings were matched and donated to Payaso's outreach group to purchase Narcan and care packages for those struggling with addiction on the streets of Portland.

Madison was hired on as a receptionist, giving her a stable source of income. She and Fernando slowed their relationship temporarily as she grieved Brad's death and he processed his feelings of guilt knowing that he was who'd set things in motion.

Eventually, things grew and the couple found themselves stronger than ever. Solidifying their relationship by moving into a small home in Longview, just a few blocks away from Gladys. Fernando continued to work to build his relationship with his children, gradually allowing Nando and Rosie to spend more and more time with him and Madison in their home, until they were emotionally ready to move in full-time with their father, Madison, Victor, and Gwendolyn.

Madison and Fernando were wed two years later on a beautiful October afternoon and later welcomed a little boy, Serafin which was Fernando's middle name. Krist and his nosiness couldn't help from asking how the conception happened, to which Fernando told him to "mind your own damn business, foo."

Both Madison and Fernando were heavily involved in local outreach to those struggling with addiction, even convincing Krist to join their cause.

With Brad deceased, Heather attempted to return home to her children and Jeremy but was turned away. She moved from abusive drug-fueled relationship to abusive drug-fueled relationship.

Nina and Dominik were married shortly before the birth of their first child, Selena. Dominik graduated college, obtaining a very well-paying position as a Cyber Security Analyst. They then welcomed two more children, Antonio and Irena.

Jeordie and Cami's bakery took off with them opening two additional locations in the Portland metro area with another in the works. They still enjoyed a swinging lifestyle.

Marcus passed away from cirrhosis of the liver not long after Brad passed, leaving Naveah a widow. She eventually remarried a man who treated her well and little Marcus like the son he never had.

Brooke and Holly ended up marrying, welcoming the third and final child, a little red-haired boy named Rowan. They'd used a trusted source for a donor, someone that Krist had recommended for "stud services".

Krist graduated college with honors, obtaining his associate's degree, followed by a rewarding career guiding troubled youth coping with both mental health and addiction issues, he later worked towards obtaining his bachelor's degree and continued to stay what he called "Cali Sober".

Atira eventually took a position as Vice President with the company she'd been with for some years. Though her position required her to travel regularly, her marriage remained solid with her and Krist more in love than they had ever been.

And Rocco? He was thriving, he loved being a big brother to Gabriel and Audrey and despite being known as both a social butterfly and a class clown, did well in his academics.

****

Thank you to each and every one of you who has taken the time to read my stories! You are all much loved and appreciated!

If you haven't already, feel free to check out "Lainey's Story", it's a prequel to this series and gives a glimpse of Krist from her view.

I do plan on adding a spin-off series that takes place in the future with the main characters of this series as 40-somethings but it will focus more on the children who will be older teenagers/young adults. There will also be a prequel at some point about Krist learning to be a father after Rocco's birth.