15

"I'm glad you came!"

I saw how Coreen's eyes immediately lit up when she saw me at the entrance. I smiled at her as I gave her the gift, kaagad niyang tinanggap 'yon at niyakap ako nang mahigpit. "Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you!"

"You look absolutely stunning!" I complimented her. Blue is literally her color! She was wearing a long blue satin dress that literally made her skin glow! I like it. It really suits her.

And me, I was wearing a dark red backless lace up bodycon cami dress with silver heels.

"Thank you! And as always, you look gorgeous!" Nakipagbeso pa siya sa akin.

I really appreciate her. Kung hindi dahil sa kaniya, wala talaga akong makakausap sa room at pati na rin sa buong building. Siya lang kasi talaga ang may lakas ng loob na kumausap sa akin. I'm completely harmless, though!

And I appreciate that she always stood by me, our friendship is everything.

Pumasok na ako sa loob dahil abala pa siya sa pagwe-welcome sa mga bisita.

"Angas mo, ah!" Santi immediately smirked upon seeing me, he was already holding a glass of champagne.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Bakit nandito ka na naman?!" I raised a brow. "Did Coreen even invited you?!"

"Who's that?" His brows furrowed.

Seriously? Paano nakapasok ang isang 'to dito kung hindi siya inimbita?

"She's the one who rented the whole club, siya ang may birthday ngayon." I informed him. Literal bang hindi niya kilala si Coreen?

Tumango-tango siya at ngumisi bago uminom sa kaniyang champagne. "Edi happy birthday!" He raised his glass in the air.

Ang kapal talaga ng mukha!

"Paano ka nakapasok?"

He shrugged. "The bouncers let me in,"

"Really?"

"Yup! Suki ako rito, e!" Mahina siyang natawa at kaagad namang nagseryoso. "Of course, I'm invited! The whole university is invited, had to come." he said as he sipped his champagne.

Good thing Thiago isn't here.

Nagtama ang paningin namin ni Klein. He was wearing a dark red button down dress shirt, the same style when I saw him for the first time. As always, it fits him. His hair was fixed at suot-suot niya rin 'yung silver necklace niya.

And surprisingly, same shade kami ng red.

He wanted to match me, huh? Masyadong halata ang lalaking 'to. Tinanong ba naman kung anong kulay ang susuotin ko.

He saw me and smirked, he was holding a glass of red wine. I really got used to his curtain haircut, palagi ring bagsak ang buhok niya... hindi ko alam na may mas ikaka-hot pa pala ang lalaking 'to kapag kita ang forehead niya!

He walked towards me and he looked ethereal.

"Klein," I breathed. "You look dashing," I complimented him.

Kahit naka-heels na ako't lahat-lahat, mas matangkad pa rin talaga siya sa akin.

"And you are gorgeous." He smiled.

I pursed my lips, trying not to stifle a smile when he said those words. I don't know but for me, there's a difference between 'you look' and 'you are.'

We stared at each other for a minute, lost in each other's eyes when suddenly Coreen jumped in.

I broke our eye contact first.