Chapter 3

Author's Note: this chapter is going to address something that happened in season 1. Also, since I don't know the last name of the gentleman from that episode who owned the energy company, I will come up with one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth's first day in Mexico began with a meeting with executives at the acquisition company.

She had no idea what to expect as soon as she entered the high rise building.

Once inside a huge conference room, Beth sat down & braced herself for what she believed was going to be a battle.

What she got instead was a shock.

There sitting at the table with a smirk in his face was Craig Harrisburg, the owner & CEO of IL Energy.

Beth remembered him well. The company she had previously worked for, Schwartz & Meyer, had convinced him to suspend a dividend in order to save his company. She was now wondering why he was there.

"Hello, hachetman," said Craig sarcastically.

"What are you doing here, Craig?" Asked Beth.

"Simple. Business concerning my company," said Craig.

"What business? I thought I had helped convince you to suspend your dividend in order to save your company," said Beth.

"Well, Beth, turns out you failed," said Craig. "You see, after that meeting, one of my executives suggested that I get a second opinion so I did just that. I went to JPMorgan Chase, & they suggested that they take control of the dividend so that it wouldn't kill the stock. I took that advice into consideration, spoke to my top people about it, & decided to go for it."

Beth was in shock. She had had no idea over what had happened after that meeting. Now she did.

"So everything you told me that would happen to me if I didn't suspend the dividend didn't happen," said Craig smiling. "I'm still CEO of IL Energy. I have a beautiful new home, & I can afford to send my kids to college so all I have to say to you is fuck you, you stupid bitch."

"Now if you'll excuse us, señora, we have business to attend to," said an executive.

Beth looked at Craig angrily.

"Asshole," she said.

"I saved Schwartz & Meyer one hell of a headache by taking my business elsewhere," said Craig. "Now I suggest you say something more appropriate, Beth."

Beth just glared at him & walked off. She could hear the laughter once she was out of the room.

Once in her car, Beth knew one thing for certain.

This business trip was going to suck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, Jamie was in his high rise office talking with his friend Ted Lansky.

"Oh I'll bet Beth is fucking furious right now," chuckled Ted.

"Oh I think she is, Teddy. I wish I could see the look on her face when she discovered who was at the meeting," said Jamie with a smile.

"Like they say, Jamie. Revenge is a dish best served cold," said Ted.

"In Craig Harrisburg's case, that is so true," said Jamie.

As the two old friends continued to talk, Jamie had a feeling that something else was about to happen involving Beth.

It involved him.