Chapter 1

The day began just like any other for Jamie Dutton. He enjoyed his coffee on his balcony & enjoyed the view of the Pacific Ocean that was there for him to watch & marvel at.

After all of that, he went to his spacious kitchen to cook breakfast for him & his wife, Isabella. As he was finishing up cooking the scrambled eggs, he heard a sound that brought him joy.

The cries of his 6 month old baby daughter, Adrianna.

Ever since he had left the United States for Mexico after losing the primary election in his attempt to become governor of his home state of Montana, Jamie found himself enjoying everything he had for the first time ever in his life.

He absolutely adored Isabella, who he was introduced to by his buddy from law school, Ted Lansky. They had an instant connection & were married after a six month romance. The birth of Adrianna solidified their love for each other & brought them closer together.

He didn't have anything to worry about. No father to deal with. No sister to constantly berate & abuse him over his past mistakes. No ranch to concern himself with.

Jamie was finally free of everything that had held him back, & it felt amazing to him. It was a feeling that he never thought was possible for him, but he loved it.

Jamie could truly be himself. He could laugh & cry without being ridiculed for it.

Once in his daughter's room, Jamie looked into her crib & just smiled.

"Hello, my little angel," he cooed to Adrianna, who cooed back at him. He then picked her up & held her in his arms.

"You love it when Papi comes in here in the morning, don't you?" Said Jamie happily as he began to sing to his little girl, who smiled as soon as he started singing.

"What about Mami?" Asked a beautiful woman who was dressed in a coral sleeveless top & calf length pants.

"How could we forget about Mami, Adri?" Asked Jamie as he smiled at Isabella.

"I thought I heard singing when I got my coffee this morning," said Isabella who gave Jamie a kiss. "Breakfast smells wonderful by the way."

"Thank you. Want to eat, darlin'?" Asked Jamie. Isabella nodded & the little family was off to enjoy their breakfast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, back in Montana, Beth Dutton-Wheeler was packing her bag for a very important trip.

One that would unfortunately take her away from her own little family.

Beth was going to be headed to Mexico on behalf of the finance company she worked for, Highlands Financial, because of concerns that had caught the company's attention.

However, Beth wasn't thinking about that.

She was thinking about how miserable she was going to be being away from her husband Rip & their baby daughter Sophia. They meant the absolute world to her.

However, what Beth didn't know that once she got to Mexico, trouble would be coming.