XXIII

VOTE!

Udd Ja Kehne Se

Sunta Bhi Tu Hai Kahan

Gall Sunn Le Aa

Ve Kamleya Mere Nadaan Dil

--------------------------

Aradhana POV

I froze in place, captivated by the beauty before me. Biting my lower lip, I approached and traced my fingers along its curves, scarcely believing it was real. Glancing at Lakshya, I saw him offering me the helmet.

"Oh my God, Lakshya, it's a Kawasaki Ninja H2— my, my favorite bike!" I struggled to speak as emotions welled up inside me. Riding this bike had always been my dream, and he had made it come true. Overwhelmed, I turned and ran towards him, embracing him in a tight hug.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaimed, and a huge smile spread across his face. I laughed at his reaction and took the helmet from him. I gulped and looked at the bike.

"Will I be able to ride this? I mean, it's been years since I've ridden a bike, and this one is heavy," I blurted out, struggling to digest the situation.

"Just take this," I heard him say. I glanced at him and saw he was offering me a packet of cigarettes, lighting one in his mouth. I bit my inner cheek, pondering, "Should I?"

"Come on you won't get a kick unless you have it, hmm?" he said and urged me to have one, I glanced towards him, I smirked and took it from him kept my helmet on my baby and then lighten the cigarette in my mouth.

As I dragged it, the poison went in my lungs, and I felt lighter a smiled formed on my face thinking about the day ahead, but a sudden realization hit me and I glanced at Lakshya

"L?" I called out,

"Hmm?" 

"Pass me my phone, and I'll just text him an—" Before I could finish my sentence, he spoke up.

"Aradhana, please don't spoil it now," he whined like a child. I laughed, took another drag, and exhaled slowly; it was calming. I know it's wrong, I completely agree, but one won't hurt, right?

Just as I finished, I crushed it under my foot, picked up the helmet, and put it on. Lakshya was also ready; this boy smoked two at a time, something I neither can nor want to do. I grinned as I inserted the keys and the engine started.

I brought it to life with a roar and glanced at him for the address. As he donned his helmet and settled onto his Ducati V4s, he revved it up.

"Highway 72," he yelled, surging ahead. I smiled and followed; Highway 72 is renowned for racing and pushing speeds to the limit. We weaved like serpents on the asphalt.

Contentment washed over me as the cool air caressed my skin, the surrounding trees seemed to watch us as we took turns overtaking, and birds chirped, heralding the sunset's approach with the sky painted in hues of orange and red.

I had longed for this moment and a life like this; now, everything feels like a pleasant dream that I wish to live forever, especially with him, my Rudra.

Taking a deep breath, I rode the bike, savoring the beautiful view. As he overtook me once more, I smirked and changed gears, then increased the speed to its maximum and overtook him again.

I laughed at him as he tried but was unable. I was looking back at him, turning my neck and laughing contentedly, but in a split second, he yelled my name.