Chapter 3: A Pendant

Heyy minna-san! Again! I wanted to thank you all for reading my book! I'm really happy!~ :) so here's chapter 3!
Hope you like it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A family.. of wizards? Does it have a relation to me being the Yuka?"
"No, i think. Oh and Ruri, i want to tell you something again.."
"Your dad's alive". My eyes widen.

[Flashback]

Year x324

"Ahahahahaha! daddy! Do it again! Spin me again! But higher!"
"Okay, okay. But, first, i want you to have this!" Dad gave me a red box with a ribbon tied nicely on it. "What is this, daddy?" I asked. "It's your present for being a nice girl! I'm so proud of yoy!" "Thanks dad!!" I tackled my dad to a hug. It was a wonderful moment.

But then, one day, dad left me and mom. Not telling us anything. I was really confused. "Mom, where's dad?" BRAK! The door bursts open.
"Bad news! Yuusei is.... Is.." Auntie Melaine said. "Hush, don't say anything anymore" mom said trying to hold back her tears. "Ahhhh!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!" I cried. I felt really lonely for 1 month and a half.

[End of Flashback]

"Alive? Dad's alive!? How come!! I thought he.. He.. Died!?"
"No.. we put up that act just to protect the fact of your dad. He's searching more about the prophecy of the Yuka. He's trying to prevent the prophecy into happening" mom said. "Prophecy? What prophecy?" I said. "I'm sorry Ruri, i'm not supposed to tell you. But i'm sure you'll never do the things as like the prophecy said! I have faith in you!"
I just nodded.

"Right, now that you know you have the power of the Yuka, it's time to give you this" mom said while handing out a necklace with a pendant that looks like at the picture. "This is to prevent other wizards to know that you're the Yuka. And stop them from targeting you. Oh, and now that you gained your magical powers, you can see other's too! Actually, your school, Helena High, is a special school ONLY for wizards. Now you can start coming to the magic class. You were previously on the ordinary class, which consists of the kids that has not awakened their powers." Mom said. "It's already late so, go to bed! And, i suggest you to never go anywhere without that pendant, okay? Unless you're inside this house" mom warned me. "Okay mom." Then i headed to my room upstairs and then i slept.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~