Chapter 16 : To Yomi

"You.. Will become Yomi's evil queen!" Mom said with an innocent smile.

Long silence.

"He..?" I was dumbfounded. Confused. Didn't know what to believe. Yomi's queen? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

"Mom, can you stop joking please?" I said.
"Um.. I'm not joking" She said.
"Then why are you smiling?"
"Nothung special."
I sighed exasperatedly.
"Whatever." I said.
"But Ruri, you must remember, okay?" Her expression was worried now.
I just nodded, and went to my room.

I changed my clothes to something casual. I went downstairs to tell my mom that i was going to the city library. I reached the library after walking for ten minutes. I greeted the librarian with a smile and walked to the old books section. I searched for the 'Y' word. And after a minute or so, i found the book that i was searching for. The book was already covered with dust and it looked really old. There was traces of words at the book's cover. Spelling "Yomi". I opened the book slowly, afraid that it will break if i don't treat it gently.

But somehow, i can feel that something's not right with this book. I really have a bad feeling about this. But anyway, i ended up opening the book.

I opened the first page, and then flipped over a couple of pages. There was a big printed word at the top of the page. It said "What is Yomi?". I skipped that chapter and went to chapter thirteen. This time, the title was "Yomi's Queen".

I started to read, but then my mind was hazy. I couldn't focus, my eyes were just, blurred suddenly. And that was the last thing i new, before everything went black.

~~~

??? POV

I carried her to her throne and put her down gently. I carressed her skin as gently as i can. But as my skin touched hers, she flinched. Then a mischivous smirk crept up my mouth. I leaned over to her ear and whispered, "Finally, you're mine now, my Queen."
~~~
OMG WHO'S THAT?
I'm sorry for the cliffhanger and the short chapter!