02

"Daniel and I broke up on Saturday evening. I haven't had time to tell you both and I'm sorry."

Eda was met with silence. She lowered her fork and raised her head to look at her two friends who had stuck with her for years. Lamosi Akhokia and Oghenekevwe "Kevwe" Aluyor stared back.

Lamosi was the first to break the icy silence. She smiled widely. "Well, good riddance to awful rubbish."

Kevwe lowered her spoon. "Honestly. Took you long enough."

Eda's face fell flat. "Wow, guys."

"I'm serious, it took you long enough." Kevwe pushed her near empty plate of jollof rice away to create space for her forearms which she folded on the top of the table. "We knew that guy was going to be nothing but problems. The friends he keeps around him were already warning signs. Emeka alone is a walking red flag."

Lamosi nodded in agreement. "He was starting to get selfish in the relationship, Eda. I'm glad you two are done. Please don't go back to him. If you do, just forget about this friendship."

"I'm not going back to him." Eda told both women. "I'm just shocked, I guess. It still feels like a dream. We dated for a year and how we ended things just makes the whole year feel like a joke."

"Spill." It was Kevwe. "We're listening."

With a sigh, Eda went on to tell them all that had happened. She had planned on spending the night at his place because it had been a while since she slept over. She had barely made herself comfortable when he asked her to accompany him to the club so they could hang out with his friends.

Lamosi scoffed. "Just like that? Did he forget that you were looking forward to the finale of Vincenzo? Something you've been talking about since?"

"It would have been different if he asked beforehand and you said no." Kevwe said. "But you told him you were going to be busy. He get mind sha."

Eda sighed. "He didn't seem mad before he left. He just grumbled and told me he'd be back. He promised he wouldn't drink too."

Lamosi pursed her lips. "Let me guess. That òdè broke his promise."

"Defs na." Kewve told the other woman. "Na Daniel na. It wouldn't be the first time."

Eda carried on. She told them about how she cleaned the house when he was gone just to keep herself busy before the episode dropped. She went on to tell them about how he had come back tipsy and the argument that ensued which eventually led to her calling it quits. By the time she finished, both her friends were livid.

"Fuck him abeg." Lamosi said. "He's mad. He should go and die."

Kevwe laughed dryly. "It's the audacity for me. He get mind o. God help them Emeka the day I mistakenly set my eyes on them." She hissed. "Well, now that you've left him, he should go from one woman to the other and be fornicating. Òlòriburuku oshi. He's mad."

Eda had to laugh. "You two are honestly the best people in my life."

Lamosi reached across the table and placed a hand on Eda's. "And you're the best in our life too. I'm sorry you dated that idiot sha. I've always known he was stupid but this one takes the cake."

"It's not like he didn't meet all of us in love with Korean stuff o." Kevwe was close to leaving the house so she could find Daniel and give him a piece of her mind. "He's the one that chased you and told you that he was fine with every habit you had. He said he wasn't going to bring sex up and he said he didn't mind the fact that you didn't like going out as much as you did."