06

Min left a gift for her every single day.

Whenever Eda came to work and opened her locker, there was a gift there and a note handwritten by him. She never knew when he came in but there was always something for her.

On the days she didn't come to work, she met two the next day. He got her the most random things: from chocolates to big bowls of ice-cream (that were always surprisingly frozen), to faux tulips (she had seen it on Amazon and she loved it) and then customised headphones because she wanted one.

"If you keep going like this," She told him when he visited the store the day she got the headphones. "You're gonna make me fall for your charms, Min."

He leaned in with a smile so beautiful. "I'd like that, Eda. I'd really like that."

And she pretended as though her heart didn't do a little dance, smiling back just as beautifully as he'd done. The other employees never said anything rude when she hung out with Min during work hours. They only glanced their way from time to time and shared knowing smiles.

That particular day, a new pair of wedged boots sat waiting for her in her locker. She smiled naturally and put her bag away before she picked up the note attached to the shoe box.

'I saw this on my way home last night and all I could think of was you. It's a size 6½. Should be a perfect fit. If it isn't, do let me know and I'll have someone come to pick it up. Also, please join me for dinner tonight, Eda. Your classes end by 8:30pm, right? I'll be there to pick you up if you say yes.

Have a nice day at work. I can't come to say hi today. I wish I could.'

She kept smiling. She put the note down and proceeded to try on the boots. It was a perfect fit and she refused to take it off. The day was uneventful and she was grateful. There were no rude customers and there were little to no racial glances. By 4:30PM, she was heading back to Yonsei. She grabbed a cup of coffee before she joined her mates in class and the hours went by really quickly.

She was packing her stuff when a text came in.

Min: You ready? I'm in the parking lot.

She sent him a quick reply. A male in the same class as hers walked over with a smile on his face as he adjusted his backpack. "Eda-ssi?"

She raised her head and smiled back. "Oh. Hi, Young-Dae-ssi. You need something?"

He shook his head. "No, not at all. I just wanted to invite you to join me for this busking concert in Gangnam. It's until 11 so there'll be plenty of time to get back to the dorm and rest before morning comes."

Her smile gave way for an apologetic expression. "I'm so sorry, Young-Dae-ssi. I have some plans that I can't reschedule. Maybe next time?"

His smile did not waver. He nodded. "Maybe next time. I'll get your number from the class platform and text you. Is that okay?"

Her smile reappeared. "Of course, that's fine. We'll find a time that works if there's another concert in the nearest future."

"Exactly."

"Thank you for inviting me."

"You're welcome."

She spotted Min immediately when she got to the parking lot. Eda was never going to get used to him in casual outfits so her breath was momentarily stolen.

He sighted her and his smile was natural. He raised a hand and blessed her with a small wave. With a matching smile, she adjusted the sling of her shoulder bag and made her way over. He pushed himself off his car. "How did classes go today?"