09

For Eda, dating Min was like finding a place and immediately knowing it was going to be home. Being with Min meant being loved, being cherished and feeling safe. It made every other relationship she had ever been in seem like jokes. It also made her wonder how foolish she was to ever think that Daniel would be her end game.

Cha Min put other boyfriends to shame even though their relationship was exclusively private.

Her daily gifts kept coming. Most of the time, they were edibles she could gladly stuff her face with. Min was attentive to her every need so when there was an item she had to get for one reason or the other, he had it purchased and sent to her.

He found every reason to visit her. If it wasn't a late night visit at the dorm after her classes, it was at work where they pretended to be employer and employee while stealing little kisses and discreetly holding hands.

He managed to squeeze time to make meals for her, delivering them himself if she couldn't come over due to one reason or the other. On such occasions, her heart threatened to burst and she would steal as many kisses as she could until she giggled against his lips which never failed to make him smile.

She introduced him to Kevwe and Lamosi one month into the relationship. It was safe to say her best friends fell hard and fast for Min who stayed as charming as ever throughout the video call. Kevwe did not bother to be discreet when she said Eda had scored gold and Daniel was bad rubbish they had gotten rid of.

Eda told her parents about Min and she was grateful they did not force a virtual meeting the same way his parents did not force him to bring her over to their house. Min didn't really have much friends but he told them about her without giving much of her information away.

Her exams began in May so they did not see each other much as she had to concentrate and get good grades. That did not stop him from sending her energy drinks and study snacks. He compiled playlists for her just so she could concentrate better. He got her painkillers when she complained of a headache and even though he had so much work to do, he made time to be her pretend student so she could explain how she would answer a given question during the examination.

Their relationship was beautiful and Eda never failed to thank her lucky stars for the life she was living to the very fullest.

The day she finished her exams was a rainy one so it took her longer to get back to the dorm. Her roommate – Mila – was already in, packing for her trip. Eda smiled as she removed her shoes in the doorway. "You can't wait to leave Seoul, huh?"

Mila smiled back. "I can't. I have to be in Singapore tomorrow. I have missed everyone like crazy."

Eda walked over to her bed, put her bag down and then sat. "You'll stay there for the entire month?"

Mila nodded, shutting her box. She then sat on her bed so they faced themselves. "I will. I'll go to Indonesia for a week to see my grandparents though."

Eda nodded slowly. "I'm sure it'll be fun."

"I hope so...Have you decided if you want to go to Nigeria?"

Eda nodded again. "I have. I'll just wait until the winter break before I head home. It'll be more meaningful then."

"So where are you going to stay during the break?" Mila's smile was teasing. "Are you planning on going to your boyfriend's house?"

Eda's cheeks warmed as she nodded. "Yes, I'm planning on doing so. I spoke with my parents about it. I want to move in with him."

Mila's eyes widened. "So you're not coming to the dorm next year?"

Eda nodded again. "Yep."

Mila gasped. "Girl! That's huge. I'm actually happy for you. You're the best person I've met, Eda. I'm so glad you're happy."