11

The remaining half of the year had gone by quickly and Daniel was glad. Each day that had passed brought him closer and closer to meeting Cha Min, the man behind Bloom Corps and the biggest partner their company ever had.

His transfer to the headquarters in Abuja was the best thing and the benefits that came with it were even better. He no longer had to worry about accommodation as he had a house in his name and a vehicle which came with his new position. He had an official driver too. Then, there were the ladies who could not be compared to the ones in Delta. He had a lot of fun with them and got the chance to hang out with the affluent crowds.

His friends came over once in a while to visit and his suspicions became facts when one by one, they moved to Abuja too. He was grateful for that as having them around made everything better.

The invitation to La Festa D'oro by Cha Min at Transcorp came at the time when Daniel wondered why the South Korean was taking time with the contracts. A new suit was sent with the letter alongside a personal apology note from Min for taking a long time to reach out. According to Min, there were a lot of contracts he was handling and he wanted to take his time with Daniel's contracts because of how important it was to him.

Daniel, the haughty bastard, had gone ahead to boast to his colleagues that he was important enough for a well-known personality to apologize to. One could always trust one or two employees to be envious of such.

The invitation stated that one could come along with companions so Daniel invited his friends who were more than happy to go shopping just so they could get suits that were as classy as his even if it cost them a fortune. In the days leading to the event, they went for spa treatments, got their hair cut and beards carved, did their research on who and who were going to be there and drew up plans to get themselves well connected.

December 30th was a chilly day. There was no rain but the sun was not harsh in any way. By 5pm, Daniel's house was full as that was where they were to get ready and leave for Transcorp Hilton. Emeka spoke as he put on his bowtie in front of the mirror in the dining room.

"See as God help us. Remember sey we been dey find translator. We kon dey find Eda. God no shame am? See the kind fluent English this chinko man dey speak."

Daniel, who had not thought of Eda in a long time, snorted. "Luck just dey follow me." He sat on a sofa to put on his shoes. "No call am chinko when you see am o. Better speak correct English. No go disgrace us for there, na God I use take beg you."

Satisfied with his tie, Emeka smiled and turned around to look at Daniel who was in the living room. "Normal na. I go shock una with accent wey I learn."

Shola scoffed. "No make me laugh abeg. Nobody ask you for accent. Just speak correct English."

"But wait o..." It was Ohvo. "Emeka, you just made me think. Na so Eda just vanish? Person no fit trace am sef to even do aproko small."

Daniel could feel his mood going south. He raised his head. "Guys, na God I dey use take beg una. Make una no dey talk about dat girl. She don vanish, e don do."

Bolu put on his pitch black suit jacket. "I tell una sey make una forget about dat girl, una no wan hear." He adjusted his collar. "Daniel, no let your mood spoil abeg. We get party to attend."

"And people to build connections with." Caleb added.

"No forget the expensive food wey we go chop." It was Seun.

"And the women wey we go dey with by this time tomorrow." Shola said. He wiggled his brows. "If we mention sey we don meet some particular people, the kind women we go attract ehn..."