08

Daniel updated his Instagram app and went back to check if a miracle had happened with the update. Unfortunately for him, he got the same result. Eda's old Instagram account was gone and she had changed her Twitter username and handle so he couldn't easily track her down.

Frustrated, he rubbed a hand over his face and turned to his friends who occupied every seat friendly top in his living room. The Saturday was already a moody one for him. For the first time in a while, he wasn't looking forward to visiting the club.

Emeka raised his head from his phone. "Awfa? Any luck?"

Daniel shook his head and tossed his phone to the side of the couch. "I no get o. She don delete her accounts."

"Make we call dem Lamosi?" Caleb suggested. "They definitely know where she dey na."

Bolu scoffed. "You think sey we never do am? They don block all of us like this."

Seun, who had been quiet since they arrived, put his phone to sleep. He then focused on Daniel. "Guy, just accept this offer and forget about Eda. We can find someone else to do the translation even if we have to pay. Google is there sef."

Emeka nodded. He was in full agreement. "Aswear, my guy. Make we just forget this Eda. No just miss opportunity like this. I google the company. E big for Korea o. You no know how much dem go pay you. You fit just blow like this."

The other men backed Emeka up. Daniel pushed his tongue inside his left cheek. The gears in his head moved at a pace they were barely used to. After a while, he sighed and picked up his phone.

"Make I call person." He told them. "They should find someone for me."

"When you're done," It was Ohvo. "Send email to your boss to tell him that you'll accept the offer. At least make one thing set before we focus on another thing."

Daniel nodded. "No problem. Thanks, guys."

Shola rose from the armrest he had perched on. "You fit thank us by buying us drinks tonight. I dey look your face since. No even try to escape club this night. I fit kill you."

Emeka laughed. "He no get mind. We go kill am."

Daniel knew better than to not keep his mouth shut. He'd never tell them he didn't feel like going to the club. They would kill him, he knew that much.

◄●►

"Ehen, before you go. Daniel and his friends have been disturbing us."

Eda stopped putting on her boots. She raised her head to stare at her two best friends who were on a long overdue video call with her. She blinked. "You say what?"

Kevwe repeated herself. "Daniel and his friends have been disturbing us. They said they need to get in touch with you. They did not say why sha but still..."

Lamosi scoffed. "They have mind sha. See as Emeka was sounding all high and mighty when he came to the office. I told him to fuck himself and I blocked him." She smiled proudly. "I slapped him too. I'm very sure he wouldn't tell his friends that. His ego will never allow him."

Eda told herself to not let it get to her. She was to be picked up by Min any minute. She returned to her boots. "I don't have anything to do with him, He should rest abeg. I'm living my best life."

"Yes, you are!" It was Kevwe. "You're enjoying your degree, you have a good job that pays you very well even as a part-time staff and then you have the man of your dreams who is going to ask you out tonight."