32. doom and gloom

BUCKY AND SEV BUCKY AND SEV BUCKY AND SEV BUCKY AND SEV

If I messed this chapter up tell me, CUS ITS NOT PROOF READ

SEV WENT WITH STEVE EVERYWHERE.
Steve wanted her to. They'd been on the run for two years now, and she had grown accustomed to the constant movement and the perpetual state of alertness. Though she was never meant to fight, Steve would only let her fight if he deemed what they were doing not too dangerous.

Today, Sev wasn't left behind. They were storming a base with Vision and Wanda, and Steve had finally deemed it safe enough for her to come along. She was thrilled to be part of the action, standing between Natasha and Steve as they made their way through the dimly lit corridors of the base.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve said, coming to a stop.

The secretary appeared as a hologram, initially speaking with Rhodey. His eyes widened in shock as he turned to face the intruders. "You got some nerve," he said, scrutinizing them. "I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now," Natasha retorted.

His gaze fell on Seven, who had grown taller since the last time he took a glance at her. "Is that Barnes' kid? Didn't know you guys had her," he scoffed.

Sev stiffened slightly but held her ground, glaring back at the secretary.

"The world's on fire, and you think all is forgiven?" Mr. Secretary continued.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking for permission," Steve said, his voice steady and resolute. Sev's heart swelled with admiration at how badass he sounded. "Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight."

Steve stepped down, now face to face with the secretary's hologram. "And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too."

Sev couldn't help but mutter under her breath, "Hell yeah, Uncle Steve."

The secretary's eyes flicked back to her, a condescending smirk playing on his lips. "The kid's gonna fight too?"

Then the secretary turned back to Rhodey. "Arrest them." He said.

"All over it." Rhodey said, exiting the hologram of the secretary.

There was a beeping sound. "That's the court martial." Rhodey said. Then he smiled at Cap. "It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve, Nat, and Rhodey all hugged. Seven wasn't much of a hugger, nor did she really know Rhodey that well. "Wow, you all really look like crap." He said. "Must've been a rough couple of years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam said, sarcastically.

SEV DID ALOT OF WANDERING AROUND.
To be fair, she didn't want to be in a room with a bunch of adults talking about what's happening in their broken world. It was suffocating, listening to the constant strategizing and grim discussions. So, she took to exploring the compound, finding solace in its quiet corners and forgotten hallways.

One afternoon, she found herself in the part of the compound she hadn't ventured into before. The hallways were lined with various rooms, each one holding remnants of the lives of those who lived there. She peeked into an open door and found herself in Rhodey's room. The walls were adorned with commendations, medals, and a few old photos. Curiosity piqued, she stepped inside and started examining a shelf filled with various gadgets and pieces of tech.

"Cool," she muttered to herself, picking up a small device that looked like a miniaturized version of his War Machine armor's gauntlet. She turned it over in her hands, wondering what it did.